Counselling and Care for Humanity Centre (CCHC) as part of its social intervention has started a project with a theme ‘the development of Jukwa Abodo lies on the Children’s Education’ in Abodo a suburb of Jukwa in the Twifo Henmang Lower Denkyira District in Central Region of Ghana. This project is in collaboration with the Abodo Youth Organization, and the Traditional Rulers of the community.
Abodo Youth Organization is the few educated youth that have volunteered to help organize classes for the children in the community.
The traditional rulers are the custodians of the land of Abodo, and have agreed to provide land and assistance for the establishment of classrooms, computer laboratory (ICT centre), library, and children’s welfare centre.
Education transform lives and changes the face of a community. Every community development hangs on children’s education.
Knowledge is power, a driving force for successful life, and a life changer.
- The reasons why 83.5% of the people of Abodo are illiterate or have not had formal education or vocational and technical training are as follows: i. There is no basic school, library, children’s welfare centre, and ICT centre. ii. Poverty and among other
- Donor agencies are expected to partner to donate for effective and successful project. • Gives children and youths of Abodo Community the opportunity to get involved in community service on a regular basis, with projects to choose from almost daily.
- The following construction work would be considered: 1. Classroom blocks with latrines/toilets 2. Computer laboratory for the children and the community. 3. Library for the children and the community 4. Children welfare and counselling centre
- The Custodians or Traditional Rulers (Elders) and Youth Organization of Abodo community have been able to provide the following for the project: • Land for the constructions have been made available • Local artisans and the youth have pledge to support
- There is available office furnished with computers and equipemrnty, Donor and partner organisations automatically become part of the monitoring, and evaluating team of the project.
The people of Abodo community would become more aware on the need for every child to have the right to access education. We expect all donor agencies, international volunteers, educationists, philanthropists, and UN to get involve.
• Donor agencies are expected to partner to donate for effective and successful project.
• Gives children and youths of Abodo Community the opportunity to get involved in community service on a regular basis, with projects to choose from almost daily.
• To build better relationships between the elite and the ordinary people of Abodo.
• To prevent and control social vices or deviant behaviours in the society.
• To bridge the gap between the vulnerable or disadvantage children of Abodo and the advantage children in cities and towns.
• To reduce or eradicate teenage pregnancy and street children in the community.
• To eradicate or reduce poverty in the community.