- Siem Reap
- Chiang Mai
- Costa Rica
- La Fortuna
View Other Details
Our award winning Global Service Learning (GSL) & Citizenship Programs are designed to help students experience the connection between “the local” and “the global” and capitalizes on the UN’s 17 Sustainable Development Goals to help students develop the attitudes, skills, and knowledge required to produce responsible solutions to global problems/challenges.
Video and Photos
- Bright Light Volunteers participants are housed in safe, clean, secure accommodations.
- While traveling, participants should either be with BLV coordinators, in groups, or assigned to a buddy, never alone. Our student-staff ratio is 5:1.
- Participants are provided access to unlimited, safe, drinking water.
- Each participant is covered by supplemental, international, medical insurance and emergency evacuation insurance.
- Our in-country coordinators have expansive knowledge of the host community. They have established relationships in the area with medical professionals and facilities.
Bright Light Volunteers creates opportunities for educators and students to experience the world as travelers, not tourists. All of our programs are designed to provide transformative, culturally immersive, experiences abroad. Our alumni return home with stories of pickup baseball games in Cuba, learning Mayan cooking techniques in Guatemala, and hugging llamas in Peru! Our programs in Latin America, South America, Southeast Asia, Europe, and Africa include exemplary itineraries, experiential learning opportunities, community-led service projects, and highly qualified program directors to accompany you on your GSLC experience.