This program is no longer offered. View more programs from Rustic Pathways.
Rustic Pathways | Ghana

Rustic Pathways | Ghana

This program is no longer offered. View more programs from Rustic Pathways.

Rustic Pathways opened programs in Ghana in 2011 and have had a blast working with our local partners and showcasing the culture to our students. Our operations in Ghana combine both touring and community service and offer a great opportunity to explore one of the most welcoming countries in West Africa.

Cost does not include international airfare.

Best two weeks ever!

Our trip leaders were the best, and we all felt super comfortable with them immediately, which had been a concern for me. No one got seriously sick, and working with the kids at the school, orphanage, and on the streets was amazing. My group was wonderful and we all bonded so much.

Better packing list. Our group didn't get the full list, but even so, there were things we all bought in Ghana because we didn't know we needed them.

Such a fun trip!

I loved my trip to Ghana with Rustic Pathways and wouldn't trade it for anything. I grew so much as a person on this trip.I met a lot of cool new people and had a lot of new and fun experiences. I would not trade the experience I had for anything.

Some of the people I went with.

I went on a Rustic Pathways trip to Ghana in the summer of 2012 with students and staff from my school, the British School of Brussels.

We did community service in the northern region, in the city of Bolgatanga. The staff where constantly supportive and encouraged us to question the situation around us, allowing me to have a reflective and knowledgeable experience.

We also traveled for a week around Ghana, seeing many of it's beautiful sites. I always felt safe, as the staff were very thorough in check ups, and were always aware of our surroundings, yet still gave us the freedom to freely explore certain parts of the country.

The staff were enthusiastic, knowledgeable, compassionate and overall, really made the experience worthwhile!

My only criticism is the cost. The trip was slightly expensive, and to arrange your own trip would be cheaper. However, on your own, you lack the country knowledge that the staff have. Also, at one point, we were in Mole national park, and a student dislocated their shoulder during the night. Miles away from a hospital, had we been alone, the situation would have been difficult to handle. But the staff were on hand, and dealt with the situation very well. Essentially, you are paying for their expertise and skills, which I felt was worthwhile.

About Rustic Pathways

Travel and volunteer abroad with Rustic Pathways to one of many exotic locations.

We take students on unique, rewarding, and safe programs to some of the world's friendliest and fascinating countries. Immerse yourself in a new culture, work on...