Multiple Locations +5

Accommodation Meals Some Meals Travel Insurance
Mar 16, 2021
Aug 16, 2021
11 travelers are looking at this program

Join GoEco on any of our incredible projects that give you the opportunity to help with turtle rescue and conservation efforts around the world! Many of our projects allow you to gain experience in egg hunting, hatchling releasing, and caring for these beautiful creatures.

This program is currently not being promoted on Go Overseas by its provider. Check with GoEco for the most up-to-date information regarding the status of this program.

GoEco Volunteer Scholarships

To assist prospective volunteers in taking part in one of their programs, GoEco, an eco-tourism company, awards one flight voucher of $1,000 and waived fees for a two-week program, plus travel insurance to successful beneficiaries of their scholarships. To apply, you must be currently enrolled at an educational institution to be eligible for the award.

$1,000 - $3,000

Taylor

Two Amazing Weeks in Pacuare

I was placed in the project on the Caribbean side and it was such an amazing experience. I loved the fact that there was no service as it allowed me to fully immerse myself in the nature, people and work around me. I met so many incredible people from all around the world and learned all about their lives and past travels by talking to them on patrol and hatchery shifts. I was able to assist in a few hatchling releases but I unfortunately did not see any nesting turtles on patrol. However, it was still so fun and rewarding to participate in the shifts. I had to leave early and abruptly because of a medical situation, and since I knew I would not have service I gave my mom Zoe’s, Lorenzo’s and Cristina’s contact information before I left. They were extremely helpful and quickly made accommodations for me to leave and I was so thankful for that. I cannot recommend this project enough, it was truly one of my favorite adventures.

What was the most nerve-racking moment and how did you overcome it?
This was my first time traveling on my own, and of course arriving at the site on the first day was exciting and nerve-racking. I had made a two-week commitment and was nervous if I would enjoy the work or make friends with the other participants, but I worried for no reason. You are surrounded by like-minded and kind people who are also passionate about helping the environment and working with animals, and of course seeing a baby turtle in any capacity is worth so much.