We shine a different light on hands-on, practical skills with our rewarding construction efforts in Antigua Guatemala. VAGT provides affordable construction volunteer abroad programs that allow you to build or improve key infrastructure, and thereby, better the communities' access to healthcare, education and children's development, meaning that you will work in building a home (You might be building an entire house from scratch, beginning to end !), a school, a library or a clinic.
You don't need any special construction skills, although being able to pound nails is a plus.
You'll be working side by side with volunteer team members and the partner family; partners contribute hundreds of hours of "sweat equity" toward their new home. In many cases, the entire community also pitches in.
For solo travelers please contact us and we will be more than happy to place you in one of our programs that need extra help. You will work alongside other volunteers who are also traveling alone.
- Most affordable, high social impact volunteer program in Guatemala with no experience necessary.
- Be invovled 100% hands on helping with the community and your team to constuct a building that really will changes lives.
- When you volunteer as a group, not only are you helping those in most need, but you’re helping yourself as well!
- The skills you learn through group volunteering are valuable for future careers or academic achievements.
- Your efforts will have a positive impact because our programs are community-driven with a focus on supporting long-term local needs
We are committed to providing the most affordable and high social impact volunteer abroad programs. Whether you are on vacation, gap year, alternative or summer break you can be confident your volunteer time will be safe, worthwhile and fun.