Affordable Volunteer Abroad in Building & Renovation Volunteer Program in Guatemala $149

Providing a home for the little ones who didnt have one before
Providing a home for the little ones who didnt have one before
High social Impact
High social Impact
Building Homes in Antigua Guatemala
Building Homes in Antigua Guatemala
College team / Cultural Immersion
College team / Cultural Immersion

We shine a different light on hands-on, practical skills with our rewarding construction efforts in Antigua Guatemala. VAGT provides affordable construction volunteer abroad programs that allow you to build or improve key infrastructure, and thereby, better the communities' access to healthcare, education and children's development, meaning that you will work in building a home (You might be building an entire house from scratch, beginning to end !), a school, a library or a clinic.
You don't need any special construction skills, although being able to pound nails is a plus.
You'll be working side by side with volunteer team members and the partner family; partners contribute hundreds of hours of "sweat equity" toward their new home. In many cases, the entire community also pitches in.
For solo travelers please contact us and we will be more than happy to place you in one of our programs that need extra help. You will work alongside other volunteers who are also traveling alone.

• Most affordable, high social impact volunteer program in Guatemala with no experience necessary.
  • Be invovled 100% hands on helping with the community and your team to constuct a building that really will changes lives.
  • When you volunteer as a group, not only are you helping those in most need, but you’re helping yourself as well!
  • The skills you learn through group volunteering are valuable for future careers or academic achievements.
  • Your efforts will have a positive impact because our programs are community-driven with a focus on supporting long-term local needs

Impact

We are committed to providing the most affordable and high social impact volunteer abroad programs. Whether you are on vacation, gap year, alternative or summer break you can be confident your volunteer time will be safe, worthwhile and fun.

Robbin

GREAT EXPERIENCE BUILDING ABROAD VAGT

Was an amazing experience.
Having the opportunity to be part of a change, part of a very helpful and nice program.
The experience of being with the people that needs so much help, sharing moments with them was just great.
I definitely would repeat this experience, this is something I would love to do again in the future. This experience was nothing short of amazing for me, I met plenty of people with different nationalities and met a lot of new friends.
I can say that I feel a different person from the day one I started until now. I feel so much personal grow from the experience.
It was a very homely environment, amazing and helpful host, and accommodation where clean and sanitary.
I highly recommend to everyone who wants to volunteer through VAGT and the team are extremely helpful and everything is very detailed and explained, and you can feel safe.

Make more noise; this kind of programs needs to be known. They are so helpful in countries like Guatemala,