Many of the volunteer abroad programs VAGT offers are in countries that have gone through long, struggling histories. People continue living in extreme poverty without access to basic necessities. Therefore, developing communities do not have access to a decent place they can call home, a hospital they can go to when sick, or a school that will help them get better prepared for their future. We shine a different light on hands-on, practical, hard work with our rewarding construction efforts in Guatemala, Nepal and Kenya.
You don't need any special construction skills, although being able to pound nails is a plus. You'll be working side by side with volunteer team members and the partner family; partners contribute hours of "sweat equity" toward their new home. In many cases, the entire community also pitches in. Join our Building and Renovation programs, you will be helping people that lack resources to build a house, a school, or a hospital and improve quality of life.
- Most affordable, high social impact volunteer program in Guatemala with no experience necessary.
- Be invovled 100% hands on helping with the community and your team to constuct a building that really will changes lives.
- When you volunteer as a group, not only are you helping those in most need, but you’re helping yourself as well!
- The skills you learn through group volunteering are valuable for future careers or academic achievements.
- Your efforts will have a positive impact because our programs are community-driven with a focus on supporting long-term local needs
Volunteer Abroad GT provides affordable construction volunteer abroad programs that allow you to build or improve key infrastructure. Thereby, better the communities' access to healthcare, education and children's development. You will work building a school, library or health clinic or you might be constructing an entire house from beginning to end, by scratch!