Food Conservation Program in South East Haiti

We are an international vegan organization working in India, Haiti and Kenya. Our work in Haiti started in 2010. The aim is to support long-term food security for people living in the area of Anse-à-Pitres, in southeast Haiti. We do this by planting indigenous food-bearing trees in partnership with the local population. Our four acre campus includes a fully shaded nursery containing 25,000 trees, one large and two small dormitories for volunteers, a training hall, a kitchen, and a small solar power system.

We practice an eco-friendly way of life including whole food veganism, alternative construction, solar energy, biodegradable cleaning products, and compost toilets.

We are happy to welcome volunteers here any time of the year and always have space available!

The minimum stay asked of volunteers is 2 weeks, although we strongly suggest staying longer in order to enhance your experience of supporting the local community and participating in sustainable living.

• Reforestation
  • Supporting Longterm Food Security
  • Working with the Local Population
  • Sustainable Living
  • Veganism

Peter

Truly amazing project!

My visit to Sadhana Forest Haiti was an unforgettable experience. This place is a truly unique opportunity to experience what it is like to invest your time and energy into a project that really matters. With the experience of more then 7 years Sadhana Forest Haiti is cooperating with the local people to create food forests for long-term food security and restoration of the environment. Sadhana Forest Haiti is a place of hope and love based on wonderful core values like, veganism, gift-economy, unschooling, sustainable living, zero-waste etc. By volunteering at Sadhana Forest Haiti you have the unique opportunity to meet amazing like minded people and explore the beauty of the Carribean as well. I highly recommend you to pay Sadhana Forest Haiti a visit and help this amazing project in a place where your help is really needed!

It's already amazing and the more volunteers the better!
Aiko
Aiko

A Place of Hope on the Edge of the World!

I have volunteered 3 months at Sadhana Forest Haiti and looking back I can say that it has been a life changing experience! While on the one hand learning about the life of the local people in Anse-à-Pitres and enhancing my understanding of what it is to be human in different parts of the world, I have found a home where hope for a better future for all of us on this planet as well as the dedication needed to practice the change is unbreakable. If you are looking for an authentic and once-in-a-lifetime experience, want to try the most compassionate diet and eat whole food vegan meals, would like to live without creating any waste, are ready to live within nature and in the most eco-friendly way possible AND wish to plant indigenous drought-resistant food producing trees for the people who need it the most, Sadhana Forest Haiti is made for you :)

By YOU coming to volunteer :)
Read my full story