Reforestation Volunteer Program in Southern India

Our main project is the reforestation of 70 acres of severely eroded land. We are working to re-create the Tropical Dry Evergreen Forest indigenous to our area. This forest type is found only in Southern India and Sri Lanka and provides a rare biological richness due to its very high species abundance (over 1000 species of trees, shrubbery and liana). The Tropical Dry Evergreen Forest is now close to total extinction as only 0.01% survives. This is a last moment effort to keep this very rich and beautiful forest on earth. As part of our reforestation effort we are also working on water conservation and soil management.

Our projects include the work with local children, hosting many groups of people interested in conservation, the UniverCity of Compassion and an animal sanctuary where we care for rescued animals.

• Reforestation
  • Water Conservation
  • Sustainable Living
  • Veganism & Vegan Cow Sanctuary
  • Community Life

Impact

We practice an eco-friendly way of life including veganism, alternative construction, solar energy, biodegradable toiletries, and compost toilets.

Volunteers mainly plant, mulch, and water trees during the season, work on water conservation in the forest and around the community, cook, clean, maintain the community area, and spend time with local and community kids.

Vandana

Place to be

I like this place . Had a wonderful time and lots of fun. Fully connected to nature. The stories in Sadhna forest shared with us through the people here are so beautiful and makes you feel so connected to them as well as connected to nature in turn. The food is simple yet delicious and you feel so satisfied. when you first enter Sadhana forest you are overwhelmed by the greenery and the love that is showere upon you through the volunteers. we had so much fun at the non talent show, people did such crazy as well as amazing stuff. Meeting the founding family was an amazing experience as they have such beautiful ideas and arr such pure people.

Tehseen

Porridge in the Forest

Had a wonderful time here. Far exceeded all my expectations. Made me realise the value of lot of things in life that we take for granted like water, land, food, electricity etc. Lovely community-lot of unity and love, excellent vegan food. The seva is done so selflessly and wonderfully and with so much love and unity that it really touches the heart. Loved the morning circle too. It’s so inspiring that people from different nations have come together to build such a beautiful community.

Perhaps keeping the weather in mind umbrellas or raincoats can be advised to get.
Anjana

Anjana @ Sadhana Forest

In the Lap of Nature with Greenery all over and minimalistic living conditions, but yet extremely comfortable.
Beautiful atmosphere and great team taking care of it wonderfully. The food is simple yet delicious.

Would recommend each and everyone I care for to experience this kind of living at least once in a lifetime!!! God Bless The Sadhana Forest Team as well as Volunteers here, spending such valuable time here, making it worth coming for the rest of us. Thanks to Our Rockstar Founder, Nandita Shah.

It’s perfect the way it is...
Nandita

The Energy is Amazing

I think it's an amazing learning experience that I wish everyone in the world could experience. I don't say it's easy, but definitely worth the trouble. Everyone is genuine and honestly wants you to have a good experience and are willing to take the extra step. Ecological and sustainable lifestyles are what it's all about and so many things have been thought through. Whenever one goes to a completely new paradigm, so much happens! The work that they have done is awesome.

It's hard to say. Given the goal, which is personal growth and sustainability, I think its perfect.
Reyna

A Night at the Dorm

Sadhana Forest is an invaluable space where we learn so much about ourselves and of course the environment too....

U learn to get back to the basics - the roots. Everything is so minimilastic and one only uses what one truly needs

Love the community aspect. You meet people from all over the world and learn so much from every interaction

The base is Sewa which is selfless service by and for one and all

The activities planned every day add value to the environment and to your life too

The founders are so inspiring

Definitely to be experienced

Diksha

A place to be!

I have been at Sadhana forest for 2 months now and it’s been an unforgettable experience. Sadhana Forest connects to those who see the problem of forest degradation and are fighting for healthy ecosystems and sustainable living households. It’s a great place to escape from hustle and bustle of the city. A wonderful community. Living out communal values and provides space for individual freedom. The volunteers are all compassionate who believe in the work they do with care and support.

The vegan food is absolutely amazing and has a diversity of flavours. Want to save the planet having fun, this is the place to visit!

Maïlys

Amazing - incroyable experience

Sadhana is a reforestation programm which share many values important to me. I also experimented a community life with really amazing people from everywhere in the world and who share these values. Sharing, non-violence, solidarity, veganism, unschooling, compassion, tolerance... It's a place where I felt useful and I can be myself. So thank you Sadhana ! And thank you Luke for the mistakes ^^

Sadhana forest est un programme de reforestation qui partage des valeurs qui me sont chères et où j'ai pu expérimenté la vie en communauté avec des personnes vraiment incroyables et qui partagent ces valeurs. Partage, non-violence, solidarité, véganisme, unschooling, compassion, tolérance.... C'est vraiment un endroit où on se sent utile et où on peut être soi-même. Que vous parliez anglais où non c'est un bon endroit pour partager notre envie de faire partie du changement..

Manila

Enjoy and learn in Sadhana Forest

Spending time in Sadhana Forest is not only a voluntering, it's a amazing experience of life wich will brings you up. Here you learn so much...About planting tree, unschooling, zero waste, non violent communication, veganism, about yourself also. About a way of life more connected to nature. You get involved in a wonderful project and became an actor of change in the world.

The ritchness of this place is also the beautiful volunteers who make this project alive. All the new people you can meet and enjoy with, share love and spend magic moments all together.

Thank you Sadhana Forest for all.