Social Entrepreneurship - Graduate/Professional Placement in India

Attention all social impact enthusiasts! This Social Entrepreneurship placement will give you the opportunity to gain amazing insights into the social entrepreneurship landscape in India, working with and supporting some of the most exciting new social start-ups.

Our partner organization has established a not-for-profit accelerator, providing mentoring, funding opportunities and bootcamp-style programs to social entrepreneurs that have achieved first proof of concept and/or business validation.

They are looking for a dedicated, passionate and well-rounded team member to support with their mission.

This placement is flexible in focus, and will be adjusted according to your skill set and area of interest. Areas you may be working on include: marketing, impact assessment, finance, communication, partnership building etc.

In this role you will be fully integrated into the team, working on projects with your own roles and responsibilities, with the freedom to propose new ideas.

• Full cultural immersion and experiencing life as a local
  • Flexibility of placement according to skills, experience and interest
  • Long term impact on social entrepreneurship start-ups in Hyderabad
  • Cross-cultural working skill development as part of local team
  • Opportunities for personal and professional development

Joshua

Stimulating and inspiring placement

After completing a three-month Rural teaching fellowship through Skilled Impact, I stayed on to do their Social Entrepreneurship placement in Hyderabad. Having recently finished a conceptual degree programme the placement was the perfect way to move away from abstract learning and into the very real and fast-paced social entrepreneurial world.
The dynamic nature of business accelerators and the friendliness of the organisation made for an extremely flexible and continuously changing placement that gave me the opportunity to work in many areas depending on my interests or skillsets.
The organisation has an active presence in India’s social entrepreneurial community and involves itself in conferences, networking events and other groups which is very exciting to be part of and means you’re not confined to an office. During my placement I found myself on a four-day trip to India’s West coast for a Women’s entrepreneurs conference which was very interesting.
Having come straight out of University and with little knowledge of the space I came away with a much greater understanding of social entrepreneurship and its potential for social change. This, along with a number of transferable skills and an enhanced CV.
I found Hyderabad to be a modern and vibrant city with a huge amount going on. There are countless workshops, meet-ups, sport clubs and social groups to join and a vast natural India to explore beyond Hyderabad. Skilled Impact was a supportive and professional organisation and particularly good at settling me into Hyderabad and connecting me with people or organisations that I may find interesting.

About Skilled Impact

We are a socially responsible volunteer organisation with a difference - offering skilled volunteer placements in India that have a long term impact. Our placements, internships and electives provide individuals with the opportunity to share their...