Therapy and Medical Electives - Volunteer in Hyderabad, India

Therapy and Medical Electives - Volunteer in Hyderabad, India

Skilled Impact is a responsible volunteering organisation that connects skilled volunteers with NGOs and social enterprises in India. On our placements, students, graduates and professionals share their skills, knowledge and expertise with in-country partners to build local capabilities and create long term impact.

Unfortunately, India's infrastructure currently does not provide some of the most vulnerable citizens with the health care they need. That's why local change makers have stepped in. And they are looking for you to volunteer your skills.

Centre for children with autism:
- Speech Therapy Elective or Professional Placement
- Osteopathy Elective or Professional Placement
- Occupational Therapy Elective or Professional Placement

Rural health clinic:
- Medical Elective
- Qualified Doctor or Nurse
- Lab Technician Professional Placement

Skill Requirement:
- Elective: currently registered medical/therapy student
- Professional Placement: fully qualified and registered

• Share your skills, learn new ones, and use your knowledge to drive social change
  • Develop cross-cultural working skills by closely collaborating with local teams
  • Enjoy full cultural immersion and experience life as a local
  • Make a long term impact by building local capabilities that translate into vital support for the beneficiaries
  • Experience exciting personal and professional growth
Weeks Min.

13 weeks - $1700
14 weeks - $1830
15 weeks - $1960

Ananya therapy centre November 2017

On coming to India I was most worried about the unknown. Having never travelled to India before I didn't know what to expect in terms of of the culture and the work. I soon realised that there was nothing to worry about. All the staff were very receptive and friendly. We had lots of support from Madhavi, founder of Anaya therapy centre, who I am looking forward to having an ongoing relationship with. I enjoyed seeing even the small changes at Ananya and showing staff that learning language is fun.

Anna from Skilled Impact eased my mind before heading out and was very helpful in answering lots of questions, and skyped with us before leaving.

Without a doubt the trip was a worthwhile experience if just to meet Madhavi who is a very inspirational lady. She taught me that no matter what obstacles are in your way, if you want to achieve something then anything is possible. I am now going home much more confident having learnt that I am able to adapt quickly to different working environments. Whilst my time in India may have had its challenges, you will find it a very rewarding experience that you will not regret. Whatever your concerns, embrace this opportunity.

Speech Therapy placement in India

Skilled Impact are a fantastic organisation. It was so reassuring to have their support throughout my volunteering journey to India. Their recommendations and reliability ensured that I felt so well looked after from start to finish. And what an experience it was! There is still so much to do in terms of training staff in India on the best methods to develop speech, language and communication skills in children; and I feel so privileged to have been a part of this training programme in one specialist children’s centre. The staff and parents were so responsive to the training; it was such a rewarding placement. Thank you Skilled Impact!

About Skilled Impact

We are a socially responsible volunteer organisation with a difference - offering skilled volunteer placements in India that have a long term impact. Our placements, internships and electives provide individuals with the opportunity to share their...