This is not your average Teaching English volunteer experience. You will be challenging yourself as teacher, a volunteer and an individual. Working with children from disadvantaged backgrounds who are living on the streets, you will have the challenging, yet rewarding task to support them to catch up to the education standards for their age group.
Our partner organisation provides a ‘Bridge School’ to ensure that homeless street children can also have access to an education. As an English teacher, you will contribute to their development by teaching a marketable skill set.
As a teacher you have the responsibility to facilitate the children’s learning according to milestones, and connect with parents, visiting them once a month to report on the learning achievements of their children.
You will experience exceptional personal and professional growth from this fully immersive experience. By the end of this placement, you will have developed yourself as a teacher and an individual.
- Full immersion living at a local school
- Cross-cultural working environment and integration into local team
- Extensive opportunities for personal and professional development
- Variety of responsibilities and tasks, developing and expanding current and new skills
- Long-lasting impact on organisation and the children themselves