COVID-19 Program Updates
Due to global health & safety concerns and travel restrictions related to the coronavirus, The Tarzan Way has decided to pause some of their upcoming programs temporarily and may be offering flexible booking options as well. Learn more about COVID-19 updates to stay tuned regarding program information.
Rishikeshi, is also known as the yoga capital of the world. Lying across the holy river Ganga, it is one of the most spiritual cities in India lcoated in the lower Himalayas.
As a volunteer you will work with an NGO providing formal education to children from slum area teaching them various subjects, sports etc. You can use your knowledge in various subjects or skills as an artist or musician to teach the students. As a foreigner, you can also give them various cultural sessions about your own country.
Don't worry though, it is not all work. Rishikesh is a cultural hub and their is no lack of places to visit and enjoy with various markets, temples, river side beaches, yoga ashrams to visit. For the adventure seekers there is no lack of adventure trekking trails and activities like bungee jumping near by.
- Spend you evenings lazying on the banks of River Ganga.
- Lots of trekking trails and adventure activities for the adventure enthusiasts!
- Volunteer with children and other student volunteers, doing something meaningful during your travel.
- Explore the multi cuisine cafes at Tapovan while meeting other travelers from around the world.
- Don't forget to take yoga classes. Rishikesh is known as the Yoga capital of the world for a reason!