Social Travel: Volunteer and Explore 16+ cities in North India

Photography walk in Hauz Khas Village, Delhi, India with The Tarzan Way
Photography walk in Hauz Khas Village, Delhi, India with The Tarzan Way
Camel riding at Pushkar, Rajasthan with The Tarzan Way
Camel riding at Pushkar, Rajasthan with The Tarzan Way

6 Weeks. 16 Cities. A lifetime of memories.

India is often referred to as beautiful chaos with lots of different cultures, religions and beliefs.
The Tarzan Way team has curated “Social Travel: North India” with the vision to provide international travellers with an opportunity to explore this diverse nation while taking part in meaningful volunteer work.

In this project, you will be exploring up to 16+ cities over 6 weeks, everything from the bustling capital of India to the sleepy towns of lower Himalayas and the royal cities of Rajasthan which seem to be stuck back in the times of kings and queens. Not only will you be taking part in various cultural and immersive travel experiences but will also be performing meaningful and impactful volunteer work.

Your project fee will include everything from travel, meals, stay, 24*7 support and the assurance that everything you are doing has gone through multiple quality and safety checks.

• Our projects take place every month providing volunteers with the freedom and comfort to choose convenient dates.
  • Receive assistance from Experience Coordinators who are available throughout the project.e throughout the project.
  • Explore the diverse country of India visiting almost 16 cities in North India. Visit cities such as Agra, Rishikesh, Jaipur and Dharamshala amongst many others.
  • ravel with the assurance that your project has been through multiple security checks and recommended by every prior participant.
  • Join other like-minded travellers from around the world, making friends and memories for life.

Anam

Amazing!

Travelling to a new country especially a country like India can feel very overwhelming. I am glad that I took up a project with TTW because they made sure I had a very smooth experience here. Right from the moment I got out of the airport, I was received and taken to the host family. After I had rested, I met up with all the other volunteers and we had an orientation session. The next 6 weeks flew away so quickly with us always travelling to different places. I visited so many places that I can not even count them on my fingers. I met another girl from my very same city through the project and we became the best of friends. Over all it was such a different and amazing experience and totally different from what I have seen other companies provide. Totally worth it and specially at such a low price. Just amazing! :D

It was perfect for me at such a low budget with so much to do and included. So it was perfect for me
Ani

What an experience!

I cannot state how much I loved my experience here in India. It was one of the most overwhelming experiences of my life. I travelled to so many cities and seeing so many different places. The experiences and memories that I am taking back with me are immeasurable. India has such a bad reputation infront of the world with people claiming thugs and cheats. It is totally the opposite. There are friendly people everywhere, obviously there are bad people everywhere but with the support of my hosts and coordinators, I don’t think I faced any problem ever. I did everything imaginable from rafting, elephant rides, cooking and so much more. It was really a rollercoaster experience and I would recommend it to anyone planning on visiting India for a gap year.

The program was pretty well delivered. So I can't really think of much. It went pretty smooth and nice for me.
Salma

Opening up

I loved my experience of volunteering with The Tarzan Way. I am not much of a traveler but I for the first time travelled to so many different cities in a new country with so many new people. This experience really changed me as a person. I think I would like to travel more and more now. Travelling really open a persons horizon and changes the way the person perceives the world around him. Volunteering with The Tarzan Way is a perfect opportunity for a person like me to out of her shell.

India is a difficult country to adjust to. Although program coordinators from TTW really did help me adjusting, they shouldn't stop improving and keep improving the experience they give.
Elisa

Summer in India

I had an amazing time with The Tarzan Way in there Explore North India project. It helped reduce my travel cost significantly and was also much cheaper than other projects available. Although the price was much cheaper, the experience they delivered was still amazing. The 6 weeks I spend in India were some of the best days of my life. I am looking forward to there next project to South India and will definitely be coming again for it.

It was a lot of fun, so I really can't think of anything. Although they should launch some projects for South India as well. They said they planned on doing so in 2019. Will definitely come for one of them.
Barbara

My volunteer experience in India

I travelled to 2017 summers and joined The Tarzan Way in their summer volunteering project. I was surprised by the way they took care of all the participants. They ensured neat and tidy accommodation, making sure everyone had a comfortable stay. The social work was fun and got to interact with a lot of people as well. This was one of my most memorable travel experiences ever and I will always cherish these moments. India is a very beautiful country to travel to. <3

I don't have any complaints from the project as such. Something that I can think of is that they should have an option of more hours of volunteer work. I generally worked for 6-7 hours a day but sometimes I didn't have any plans for the evening so I would ask to stay back at the office.
Christina

Amazing experience

I came to India in my summer vacations, hoping to do something different from simplet touristy stuff. I came across The Tarzan Way through a friend and it was definitely the best experience possible.
They took really good care of me and all other volunteers. There was always someone to help us. At the same time there project itinerary was wonderful with a little bit og everything work, travel, activities. I am really glad I came

Maybe by increasing there reach, they can get more international participants
Read my full story
Mohamed

Mohamed from egypt

If you choice this program , that's mean you are in the right place
What are you searching for like developing or supporting
In the program you will find people who love you from so heart and will going to help you in any situation
It's literally change my personality and the way i'm thinking
You will going to enjoy more than you can imagine
I will never forger these days and i'm planning to join this program asap

Carolina

Adventure of a lifetime

This journey has changed my life in all the positive ways possible. It made me grow and learn and absorb an amazing culture! Something I will never forget and definitely carry through out my life! I had the chance of learning so much about myself and discover that I could much more then I tought I could it made me feel unstoppable! Keep an open mind and your heart open to others! You'll make friends for life! Thank you for everything!

Shikhar

Life-Changing Experience

I loved The Tarzan Way's social program last summer in 2017.
We traveled so many cities and the rafting, adventurous activities, excursions to Old Delhi, and all the other cultural excursions were mind-blowing.
The transportation and accommodation were very very comfortable.
The coordinators were awesome, they helped us throughout the program. We created a lot of impact working for many NGOs and schools.

Alumni Interviews

Staff Interviews

About The Tarzan Way

The Tarzan Way is a travel based start-up envisioning to showcase the Indian culture, and simplify travel through its innovative, interactive, and constantly improving means. We curate and create "Experiences", which are excursions, trips,...