Get outside of your comfort zone and immerse yourself in the cultures of Nepal, India, and Thailand. Small teams aged 18 to 25 travel with two experienced leaders for a 13 week experiential learning semester in Asia.
Youth International programs combine volunteer service with outdoor expeditions, home stays, and cultural exchange. About a third of your time will involve volunteer work, including these service projects planned for 2018-19: renovating a school in a Nepalese village, and teaching English to children in a village in India.
Dates for the upcoming fall 2018 program in Asia are: September 12 to December 11. A complete daily itinerary is available on the Youth International website.
- Challenge yourself with a 9-day trek in the Himalayas in Nepal.
- Lend a hand and give back by volunteering in needy communities.
- Visit Bangkok, Delhi, and cultural wonders such as the Taj Mahal.
- Explore Asian religions and philosophies, including a mediation retreat led by Tibetan Buddhist monks.
- Learn about new cultures, foods, and languages by living in home stays.