Program Accredited by the Gap Year Association
Get outside of your comfort zone and immerse yourself in the cultures of Nepal, India, and Thailand. Small teams aged 18 to 25 travel with two experienced leaders for a 13 week experiential learning semester in Asia.
Youth International programs combine volunteer service with outdoor expeditions, home stays, and cultural exchange. About a third of your time will involve volunteer work, including these service projects planned for this year: renovating a school in a Nepalese village, and teaching English to children in a village in India.
Dates for the upcoming spring 2019 program in Asia are: February 27 to May 28. A complete daily itinerary is available on the Youth International website.
- Challenge yourself with a 9-day trek in the Himalayas in Nepal.
- Lend a hand and give back by volunteering.
- Visit Bangkok, Delhi, and cultural wonders such as the Taj Mahal.
- Explore Asian religions and philosophies, including a mediation retreat led by Tibetan Buddhist monks.
- Learn about new cultures, foods, and languages by living in home stays.