College Credit available
Join Youth International in the fall of 2018 or spring of 2019 for a travel adventure in East Asia! This gap semester program immerses you in the cultures of Nepal, India, and Thailand over 13 weeks. While traveling with a group of 14 peers and 2 team leaders, participants experience diverse aspects of life in these countries. Dates for the fall 2018 program are: September 12 to December 11. A complete daily itinerary is available on the Youth International website.
Youth International offers you the opportunity to get out of your comfort zone by combining volunteering with outdoor adventure, home stays, and cultural immersion. About a third of your time abroad will involve volunteer work. Service projects for 2018 include: renovating a school in a Nepalese village and teaching English to children in a village in India.
- Challenge yourself with a 9-day trek in the Himalayas in Nepal.
- Lend a hand and give back by volunteering in needy communities.
- Visit Bangkok, Delhi, and cultural wonders such as the Taj Mahal.
- Explore Asian religions and philosophies, including a mediation retreat led by Tibetan Buddhist monks.
- Learn about new cultures, foods, and languages by living in home stays.