The Most Affordable Volunteer in Bali - 25K happy Volunteers Since 2006

Volunteer in Bali

Bali, the Island of Gods, is one of the 13,667 islands of Indonesia. It’s a green oasis in a turquoise sea. On its shores lay a mix sandy beaches and great surf. Heading inland, cities and ancient temples evoking the old spiritual traditions decorate the landscapes, and at the center, large volcanos crown the island. To top it up, Balinese people are famous for their kindness and welcoming smile.
There is something for every volunteer in Bali. The question is: what do you want to do? What are you passionate about? We offer four different opportunities to volunteer abroad in Bali and find out, from teaching English to children to protecting sea turtles.
As a volunteer in Bali, you will have the opportunity to serve others and see its beauty for yourself, to visit the places you always dreamt of and those you could not imagine existed. More than imagining and dreaming of paradise, you will be there, stepping on it. The possibilities are endless.

• The world’s most affordable volunteer programs – starting at $250.
  • Low Fees are paid directly to host families and projects with absolutely no middlemen!
  • Experience the personal satisfaction of improving the lives of adults and children in Bali who desperately need assistance.
  • Your one-time low fee cover accommodations, food, project costs, and support by expert and trustworthy local staffs.
  • Your safety is our utmost priority. We fully understand it can feel intimidating to be far from home in an unfamiliar country. But you’ll never feel alone with our 24/7 expert support staff and services.

Vivian

THE BEST TRIP IN MY LIFE

This is my first time going to Bali and doing overseas volunteer work. I always wanted to do so, but I cannot find an affordable one. On Aug30, I finally found IFRE and called them to see if it is possible to arrange 1week program at last minute and go to Bali on Sep 21. The staff was very helpful and immediately contacted the local coordinator (Komang) to see availability. I confirmed and did the payment same day. The documents are prepared immediately and I actually very impressed that IFRE has a local coordinator that I can contact during my stay.
Being a person who never teach children and looking after turtles, I am soooo fascinated about education in Bali. Every kids are very polite, and I actually learnt from them too - To be grateful in everything.
For sea turtle program, I am so lucky to see 2 turtle mothers laid their eggs! The person who is responsible for the turtle centre (Agung) is truly enjoy taking care of the turtle and love them. I can feel his passion and I did enjoy the whole week there! I didn’t expect a sea turtle can lag that many eggs and there are thousands of eggs waiting to hatched in the centre! The tourists love the idea of nurturing the baby turtles and release them. They really appreciate what the organisation did. I enjoyed to introduce them the sea turtle information too.
Komang is very supportive and he kept checking with me to see if I have any issue (so caring!). He helped to arrange driver to pick me up from the airport (again I am so impressed about it, I thought I need to go to the accommodation myself). The driver was very friendly and took me to a local restaurant (which is very tasty!). Komang has arranged a hotel for accommodation, I loveeeee the staff there, the meals are good too! They are very friendly and I like them!
The working hours are flexible and you can go to have other tours if you want to. Just tell Komang and Agung is fine.
I was so excited to finally step out of my comfort zone!! I even made a short story to introduce the process how sea turtle mother lay eggs :) I love Bali - good food, good weather, good people. This is a great experience and relaxing week and I definitely will come back next year and have a longer time staying in Bali.

Just enjoy every moment! If this is the first time visiting Bali/ Kuta specifically, you will love this place. Every moment is fascinating!!
Response from IFRE Volunteers Abroad

Hello Vivian,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback. We are very happy to know that you enjoyed our project in Bali. We would like to thank you for taking out time to volunteer with us and greatly appreciate your effort. Wish you all the best for your future endeavours and hope to see you again someday!

Greg

Two Weeks-Two Nice Projects

I went to Indonesia (Bali) for two weeks in the beginning of August and worked at a primary school as a teacher the first week, the second week I worked at a babies’ home. I had an amazing time and I got a chance to experience the real Bali and meet some really wonderful people. It was real work, I really did get to do things and it really felt as if I did make a difference, sometimes the hours were long but it was always fun and worth the time. The coordinator was also very flexible and helpful. He helped me with any problem at work and also to plan my activities for the weekends.

To be honest I did struggle a bit in the beginning since it was all very new to me- different country, different culture etc, but the people were so nice and helpful that it went quicker than I thought. I would recommend everyone that is interested to stay for a longer period then I did. At least one month or more, which gives you time to settle down, get used to the work and get to know the children and teachers better.

The only thing I could object on is that the description of the work not really fitted with what we actually did. I applied to work in an orphanage but ended up teaching the first week (it was though no problem to talk to the coordinator and arrange a new volunteering place for the second week). Otherwise I have nothing else to complain about, it was two amazing week and I would recommend this experience to anyone who wants to have fun, work and make a change!
Response from IFRE Volunteers Abroad

Dear Greg,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback. We greatly appreciate you for taking out the time to volunteer with us and are happy that you enjoyed the project. We wish you all the best for your future endeavours.

Emma

Most Rewarding Two Weeks of My Life

Overall, I must say that (Jun 11 to Jun 22, 2018) was the best and the most rewarding 2 weeks of all time. I volunteered with IFRE at Bali. Location was great. Well to be honest even though both the program teaching and turtle conservation was great and fun, I would say I enjoyed teaching more because it gave me this opportunity to connect with those wonderful kids. The feeling was simply priceless

The roles and responsibilities description was very detailed however the schedule was less strict then the document made out to be - If pictures and videos of volunteers who had done the program before would have been more helpful and provided a true picture of what was to be expected - More prompt response from the country coordinator would have been more reassuring -e.g. perhaps IFRE to highlight it is better to reach out to them through Whats app - Country coordinator to provide the location of the accommodation prior to the trip would have been helpful since we had no idea until we got there.