The Most Affordable Volunteer in Bali - 25K happy Volunteers Since 2006

Volunteer in Bali

Bali, the Island of Gods, is one of the 13,667 islands of Indonesia. It’s a green oasis in a turquoise sea. On its shores lay a mix sandy beaches and great surf. Heading inland, cities and ancient temples evoking the old spiritual traditions decorate the landscapes, and at the center, large volcanos crown the island. To top it up, Balinese people are famous for their kindness and welcoming smile.
There is something for every volunteer in Bali. The question is: what do you want to do? What are you passionate about? We offer four different opportunities to volunteer abroad in Bali and find out, from teaching English to children to protecting sea turtles.
As a volunteer in Bali, you will have the opportunity to serve others and see its beauty for yourself, to visit the places you always dreamt of and those you could not imagine existed. More than imagining and dreaming of paradise, you will be there, stepping on it. The possibilities are endless.

• The world’s most affordable volunteer programs – starting at $ 250
  • Low Fees are paid directly to host families and projects with absolutely no middlemen!
  • Experience the personal satisfaction of improving the lives of adults and children in Bali who desperately need assistance.
  • Your one-time low fee cover accommodations, food, project costs, and support by expert and trustworthy local staffs.
  • Your safety is our utmost priority. We fully understand it can feel intimidating to be far from home in an unfamiliar country. But you’ll never feel alone with our 24/7 expert support staff and services.

Greg

Two Weeks-Two Nice Projects

I went to Indonesia (Bali) for two weeks in the beginning of August and worked at a primary school as a teacher the first week, the second week I worked at a babies’ home. I had an amazing time and I got a chance to experience the real Bali and meet some really wonderful people. It was real work, I really did get to do things and it really felt as if I did make a difference, sometimes the hours were long but it was always fun and worth the time. The coordinator was also very flexible and helpful. He helped me with any problem at work and also to plan my activities for the weekends.

To be honest I did struggle a bit in the beginning since it was all very new to me- different country, different culture etc, but the people were so nice and helpful that it went quicker than I thought. I would recommend everyone that is interested to stay for a longer period then I did. At least one month or more, which gives you time to settle down, get used to the work and get to know the children and teachers better.

The only thing I could object on is that the description of the work not really fitted with what we actually did. I applied to work in an orphanage but ended up teaching the first week (it was though no problem to talk to the coordinator and arrange a new volunteering place for the second week). Otherwise I have nothing else to complain about, it was two amazing week and I would recommend this experience to anyone who wants to have fun, work and make a change!
Emma

Most Rewarding Two Weeks of My Life

Overall, I must say that (Jun 11 to Jun 22, 2018) was the best and the most rewarding 2 weeks of all time. I volunteered with IFRE at Bali. Location was great. Well to be honest even though both the program teaching and turtle conservation was great and fun, I would say I enjoyed teaching more because it gave me this opportunity to connect with those wonderful kids. The feeling was simply priceless

The roles and responsibilities description was very detailed however the schedule was less strict then the document made out to be - If pictures and videos of volunteers who had done the program before would have been more helpful and provided a true picture of what was to be expected - More prompt response from the country coordinator would have been more reassuring -e.g. perhaps IFRE to highlight it is better to reach out to them through Whats app - Country coordinator to provide the location of the accommodation prior to the trip would have been helpful since we had no idea until we got there.

About IFRE Volunteers Abroad

IFRE Volunteers, a leading U.S. volunteer abroad organization, specializes in ongoing, year-round projects available from 1 week to 12 weeks in 20 countries throughout Asia, Africa and Latin America. Wherever you choose to go, your IFRE volunteer...