Explore Japan with CHI's World Explorers!

New Programs Annoucement

In addition to our usual homestay programs, we are excited to announce that we also have some Au Pair Abroad, International Internship and Volunteer Abroad opportunities in select countries. We can also design Gap Year by combining multiple programs tailor made just for you!

Join CHI's World Explorers in Japan! This unique program offers you the opportunity to volunteer to teach conversational English to your local host family. You will help this local family learn your native language by having conversations with them in English and using tools provided to you by CHI. After your 15 hours of teaching per week, you are free to explore the local area. Japan has one of the largest economies in the world and with that comes an important place in the international community. Learn about Japanese culture first-hand as a World Explorer!

Placements (in regards to location and host family) are dependent on your interests and current availability. Check the CHI website for more information!

No, it is not required, though it can be helpful. Most host families will be able to speak some English. There is also a partner in each country that will be available if you have trouble communicating with your host family.

Christine

Great Program

I had a wonderful time in Japan through CHI. They set me up with awesome host families and provided me with materials that helped me teach the families. I had enough free time to do my own traveling and really experience the culture and people of Japan!

Maybe try to asses how well the host family speaks English and let the the person know before they travel and meet the host family. That way they can prepare for the lessons a little better before they leave on their trip.
sjo0536

Wonderful

I had a wonderful host-family that made the experience exciting. However, I believe you should have some language skills to communicate.I would recommend this program to anyone who wants to gain teaching experience, or experience a whole new culture.

About Cultural Homestay International

Cultural Homestay International is an international non-profit organization dedicated to increasing cultural awareness through people-to-people exchanges. CHI believes that the best way to build bridges and friendships between culture is to...