On the east coast of Africa, Kenya is a remarkable country with a vast diversity of landscapes, wildlife, and cultures. With Kaya Responsible Travel you can experience volunteering and living in one of Africa's greatest wildlife reserves - Maasai Mara Nature Reserve. Volunteer on the Wildlife Research & Conservation project and work with a team of researchers who are working to create a more harmonious relationship between the Masai tribes and the local wildlife. You will monitor the movements of big cat populations, including lions, leopards and cheetah, and assist with research into elephant populations. You will also be involved in Community Outreach Projects including running an environmental club at a school.
If you are a medical professional, Kaya also offer a Healthcare, Community & Hospital Volunteering project where you can make a real difference to those affected by struggles of water-borne and mosquito-carried illnesses, HIV/AIDs, poverty, and unemployment.
- As a healthcare volunteer, work on healthcare projects in the mornings and community outreach projects in the afternoon
- Healthcare placement is located in Limuru, in the Kenyan highlands, the area is covered with stunning tea plantations - and just 30 km north of Nairobi
- Wildlife placement is located in Maasai Mara National Reserve, and is one of Africa’s finest safari destinations where you will see Kenya's famous wildlife such as elephants and big cats
- Help to reduce conflict between the Maasai Mara people living on the land and the wildlife in the area
- Have the trip of a lifetime and live and work in the bush, surrounded by incredible views and wildlife