Kenya is a country of mountains, deserts, tribes, beaches and national parks where wildlife roam in abundance. Needless to say, tourism is the mainstay of the country. Despite all this, Kenya suffers from an economy that is weak and a society divided along tribal lines. Deprivation is also widespread and many people struggle to eke out enough to survive. This has given rise to some of the largest slums in the world in Nairobi and other urban areas. But there is also hope as the government in Kenya is more accountable to its people than other neighboring countries. Grassroots communities are also fighting poverty to build a better future. RCDP International works with these organizations to offer volunteer placements to anyone who wants to experience this fascinating developing country and help the disadvantaged.
Our programs in Kenya include: Orphanage work, Teaching English, Healthcare and HIV Awareness.
- Contribute in the way that is most meaningful to you by volunteering in a project of your choice.
- At $150, ours is the world’s most affordable volunteer program available.
- Your fees directly benefit your host family – there are no middlemen.
- Partner with others just like yourself–people who know that a better world begins with changing a single life.
- Your safety is always our priority… every volunteer location has been thoroughly vetted.