Volunteer with Kids in Kenya

Volunteer with Kids in Kenya

Volunteer with ELI Abroad in beautiful Nakuru, Kenya! Kid's programs include teaching at a public school, volunteering at an orphanage, assisting at a school for the deaf, or coaching with a soccer club for at-risk youth.

Volunteers can help with every aspect of the project, from feeding, teaching, homework, to just playing with the children. The children gain a lot by interacting with foreigners, working on their language skills and their social interactions. ELI volunteers, in turn, often fall in love with the people and the location. This is a perfect opportunity to make a tangible difference while participating in a truly fun, rewarding project...and Kenya will surely steal your heart!

Arrival dates are flexible, but we ask that volunteers arrive in Nairobi on a Saturday or Sunday. Our team will pick you up in Nairobi and drive you the 4 hours out to Nakuru, then you will be able to start your project on Monday.

Ready for an African adventure?! Join ELI Abroad in Nakuru!

Africa » Kenya
Year Round
Program fee includes airport pickup in Nairobi, orientation, housing in lovely Nakuru, 2 daily meals, and 24/7 in-country support by Rosemary and her wonderful team.

Tcat
Miami, Florida

Affordable and Incredible!

I travelled this past summer to Kenya through ELI abroad and can say nothing but fantastic comments about the ELI staff and my Kenyan experience. ELI worked efficiently to place me at a school and community center in the slums of Nakuru, Kenya where I worked for 6 weeks. ELI arranged for my living arrangements (with a great Kenyan house mom), pickup at the Nairobi airport, and placement for work. ELI made the process of volunteering abroad incredibly smooth and they were in contact with me while I was working in Kenya as well. I worked almost full time at my school in any capacity that was needed, whether it be teaching, cooking, cleaning or visiting the families of our students. The highlight of my Kenyan experience would definitely be the staff and children of my school who I became very close with. Many weekends I would travel with other volunteers or newly made Kenyan friends to different regions of Kenya. From Maasai Mara, to Mt. Kenya, to Mombasa, Kenya has a wealth of natural beauty that should not be missed! Night life in Kenya was very fun, and oh boy can those Kenyan men dance! I definitely recommend volunteering kenya and working with ELI to do so. This was definitely the best summer of my life!

ELI is a registered non-profit organization, founded in 2001, that partners with organizations from around the world that make a difference in their communities. We work closely with these groups to ensure ELI volunteers get meaningful experiences at reasonable prices.

ELI's full name, Experiential Learning