View Other Details
- bed in a shared bungalow (2 persons)
- breakfast and lunch during teaching days (5 days per week)
- unlimited free drinking water, coffee and tea
- housekeeping every Saturday
- NK SEEDS tee-shirt
NK English School offers free English classes to the children and young adults of Nong Khiaw and the surroundings areas.
Our main goal is to give the local community the opportunity to learn English for free. We currently hold English classes five afternoons per week with over 150 students registered.
The English courses take place from Monday to Friday and are divided into 6 groups. Our students are aged from 9 to 26 years old. Our English programs have been validated by the village's Ministry of Education. We have 4 local teachers who ensure Lao/English translation and vice versa, which ensures a better understanding for the students.
As our students are divided into 6 classes. Each volunteer is assigned 3 classes that they will remain in for the entire stay in our school. Volunteers are divided into two teams and teach only 3 hours per day (from 4:30 PM to 7:30 PM) with support from our local teachers. Their main role is to assist the teachers during the classes.
Video and Photos
- Help a small community by teaching them English
- Immerse yourself into an extraordinary human experience
- Experience the lao culture
- Impact the next generations by sharing your skills and values
- Meet new friends for life from around the world