• Laos

Program Details

Short Term Summer Winter
Guesthouse Hostel
Groups
Small Group (1-15) Medium Group (16-30)
Travel Type
Solo Women

Pricing

Start in Luang Prabang and end in Nong Khiaw! With GIVE's Laos Volunteer Excursion you have a 14-day tour package taking you through Luang Prabang, Nongkhiaw, and the village of Sop Chem.
What's Included
Accommodation Activities Meals Transportation
What's Not Included
Airfare Travel Insurance Visa
Jan 31, 2023
Feb 04, 2023
22 travelers are looking at this program

Travel back in time with GIVE Laos, an off-the-beaten-path adventure into the rugged mountainous territory of this beautiful country. Volunteer in English education opportunities, support organic farming and assist in wildlife conservation of Asiatic Black Bears. You’ll also have the opportunity to meditate with monks in a monastery, summit craggy limestone peaks, and explore hidden waterfalls and summit limestone peaks. Come see for yourself why Laos is the best-kept secret in Southeast Asia!

Want to travel longer? We offer 4 destinations in Southeast Asia that allow you to mix, match and save for a unique experience from 1-7 weeks. These destinations include Laos, Thailand, Scuba (in Krabi), and Elephant Experience!

Program Highlights

• Take part in the Alms Ceremony and experience authentic Lao culture
  • Explore Tat Kuang Sii National Park
  • Rescue wildlife from poaching
  • Hike through dense jungles to a beautiful viewpoint
  • Meditate with monks

• 5 rating 100%
  • 4 rating 0%
  • 3 rating 0%
  • 2 rating 0%
  • 1 rating 0%
Alyssa

Laos Trip

GIVE is an amazing organization that cares so much about their volunteers. We got to teach English, work on the permaculture plot, volunteer at a bear sanctuary and so much more. We immersed ourselves in Lao culture while still making time for waterfall hikes and other fun activities.You’ll also get to learn about the history of Laos and visit authentic Buddhist temples. Take a chance on GIVE- you’ll meet so many people and experience the culture in a way that you probably wouldn’t by traveling with another organization :)

Pros
  • Gorgeous landscapes
  • Delicious food
  • Home stay with the locals
Gena

Laos

I loved this trip because it was so fun and engaging and I got more out of this trip than I thought. I love how we "spread our dollar" and communicate with so many locals! I honestly do not know how to describe how amazing it was in a few sentences, but it was well worth the price and I would 100% go back! Laos is a special place because of the interactions with all of the locals and once I left I really felt like I had an impact on this community. It is so worth the time to go and learn from these amazing people!

Pros
  • working with the locals
  • learning about the buddhist culture
  • making new friends that will be lifelong travelers
Cons
  • not enough time to explore on your own
1 person found this review helpful.
Rachael

Wonderful Laos

So fun and absolutely life changing. So much growth and impact comes from this trip. You will be welcomed with open arms to the village of Sop Chem, the people are so beautiful and full of love. Volunteers will have the chance to hike mountains, swim in waterfalls, and you’ll end up falling in love with this country just as I have.
I can’t imagine a better group of guides to have taken care of us on this trip, they are so incredible. Take in every moment. Everyone should have the chance to experience Laos!

Pros
  • The guides are amazing
  • The excursions are incredible
  • Laos people and culture are beautiful
Alexa

GIVE Laos: A Journey of Love and Community

I can't even begin to describe everything. But during this trip I experienced sights and adventures of a lifetime. We were educated on the history and culture of Laos as we immersed ourselves in the village of Sop Chem. Every person I met (guide, tourist, local, volunteer) was filled with so much joy and love. And the work we did - whether on farm plots, in schools, or with conservatories - was always so rewarding and fulfilling. Through everything, you create the most precious bond with the people around you. It was only two weeks, but I have experienced so much homesick after leaving. 11/10 recommend this experience of a lifetime!

Pros
  • Cultural Immersion
  • Rewarding Volunteer Service
  • Bucket-list Adventures
Cons
  • Fulls Schedule Leaves Little Bored-Time
ALIA

Give this beautiful country a chance!!!

I have always heard of Laos, but I never thought to visit it. I'm so happy that GIVE has created a program in this country. This country is beautiful and deserves to be seen. The people have encountered many casualties, yet remain joyful and loving. This trip felt very educational and inspiring. I loved the village we stayed in. The locals treat you like family, which feels like a home away from home. Since the village is remote, you can see how your work impacts the community personally. Aside from the locals, we had terrific guides to help us through everything. Sopchem is a place I would revisit on my own. So if you're questioning this place, I say take the chance and experience this beautiful country!

Pros
  • loving guides and locals
  • surrounded by nature
  • always adventure time
Carley

Laos Trip Summer 2022

There are no words to describe how impacted and moved I feel from my experience in Laos these past two weeks. Thank you Give Volunteers for the opportunity to be immersed in such a magnificent culture. The beautiful people in the village of Sop Chem hold a special place in my heart forever. Equally, the extraordinary volunteers and guides on this trip have changed my life. The continuous love and support that I felt every minute of our time together has made an impact on my soul in powerful ways. I feel honored to have met every single person on this journey. I am beyond grateful for this experience. My soul feels fulfilled, inspired, and truly re-centered from the life lessons taught to me in Laos.

Pros
  • Safe
  • Well rounded trip itinerary
  • Amazing people
Cons
  • Not as much volunteering time as I expected
  • Very expensive
Esther

Life Changing

This trip was an absolutely amazing experience! I loved everyday and wished to have been able to stay for longer. The adventures everyday were breathtaking, including waterfalls, caves, and mountains. I met amazing people and I with cherish this experience forever. As a minor I felt completely safe throughout the whole entire trip. My guides were always super insightful on any question I had and made the transition from one country to the next very smooth. I can’t wait to be able to travel with GIVE again!

Pros
  • Meeting likeminded people
  • Being immersed in a new culture
  • Self growth
Cons
  • Lack of contact with home
Fernanda

Laos

Absolutely amazing!! You get to stay in the community and immerse in their culture, while helping them and making great connections and friendships with the locals.

Pros
  • Learning a new culture
  • Helping people
  • Having fun and making friends
Cons
  • No AC
  • Repetitive food