Madagascar's dramatic forest landscape is home to a fascinating diversity of life, with baobab and aloe trees, lemurs, chameleons and a whole host of other species that are found nowhere else on Earth! Its fantastically beautiful coastline boasts coral reefs rich in marine species, perfect for diving and snorkelling, and silky sanded beaches ideal for soaking up the bountiful sunshine. Madagascar's culture is vibrant and diverse; you will find bustling markets full of multicoloured produce and hospitable locals shouting their wares.
Overall schools in Madagascar are basic and teachers are in high demand; therefore your contribution will be extremely valuable. You will teach conversational and beginner’s English to these impoverished children, help with environmental education, and participate in other community activities. This truly will be an incredibly rewarding experience in one of the most extraordinary destinations in the world!
Madagascar, although beautiful, has high rates of poverty, so volunteers are very valuable and appreciated by the community. Frontier has managed volunteer projects in Madagascar for 15 years, and is based on the idyllic island of Nosy Be.
Here are some of our most popular Madagascar community projects:
- Madagascar Teaching: Teach in a local school in one of the most extraordinary destinations on Earth. Provide vital basic skills, environmental education and get involved in a variety of activities.
- Madagascar Sports Coaching: Inject enthusiasm and creativity into the children's lives and become more than just a sports coach as you work in one of the most extraordinary destinations on Earth.
- Madagascar Construction: Work in the heart of this rural African community, building and developing sustainable education infrastructure for local children whilst putting a smile on the faces of the people you meet!
- View all our Madagascar projects here. To apply or for more information, click on the orange “Apply Now” button, fill in the short form and a volunteer advisor will call you back to answer any questions.
- Earn a TEFL Certificate
- Teach Children and Young Adults
- Live in a Unique Location