• Mexico
    • Mexico City

Program Details

Host Family Hostel

Pricing

Each project has a $500 registration fee ($650 for teens) that includes accommodation, food, leadership and work materials during the project. Some projects have an extra fee that is payable to our partner organization upon arrival and will be listed individually on each project page on our website. Please contact us with any questions!
Dec 23, 2019
Oct 03, 2014

Volunteers For Peace, a Vermont-based nonprofit organization, has offered international volunteer opportunities for over 30 years. You choose from nearly 3,000 projects in over 90 countries. Each year, almost 1,000 volunteers engage in these projects to explore a new place, strengthen communication and leadership skills, and build cultural understanding and connections around the world.

You choose the project you want to do, where you want to go, and when you will travel. Choose from a variety of projects from 1 week up to 1 year. Short-term projects are generally 2 to 3 weeks long and involve being immersed in an international group of volunteers, medium-term projects have a set time frame and last 1 to 3 months, and long-term individual volunteer projects have flexible dates for 1 month up to 1 year. Projects include: teaching English, environmental work, building schools, preserving historical sites, sea turtle conservation, and many more!

Erin

Go! Travel! Serve!

I seriously don't know why you wouldn't go on a trip to Mexico through Volunteers for Peace! This was a life changing and eye opening experience for me. I met a ton of like minded individuals from Meixco and all over the world. I believe it is very important for US citizens especially to see the beauty of the people and culture of Mexico. HIGHLY recommended! <3

I wish I could have done more service...the cultural aspect and immersion was on point.