Dog Rescue, Mexico

Dog Rescue, Mexico

The large number of feral dogs and cats living on city streets is a global problem. While many of these animals are abandoned pets, most are truly feral – having been born and eventually dying in the streets.

These feral animals live on the edges of society and face many health risks. Starvation and disease result in an average life span of only one to two years. Feral street dogs in particular pose a public health danger through bites and transmission of rabies to people. AEI's partner in Auguascalientes, Mexico is facing this problem head on. Their mission is to reduce the pet overpopulation problem through an ethical and humane program. This organization focuses their efforts on three main objectives.

Their educational campaign promotes responsible pet ownership and targets school-aged children and the general public. Their spay and neuter clinics offer low cost pet sterilization to members of the community.

Volunteers work directly with our vet and educational teams!

North America » Mexico
1 Year+
Hotel
Cost Includes: Airport pick up and drop off (at closest airport), Accommodation, Meals while volunteering (lunches, some dinners), On-site training, Emergency Support, Donation to Placement Partner, AEI Travel Manual, $10 Credit in our Zazzle store (towards the purchase of recycled water bottles, reusable bags, etc), Carbon credits to offset 3 tonnes of greenhouse gas emissions, Premium Individual Travel Insurance (up to $500, 000 USD in emergency medical coverage), Travel discounts (through automatic membership to a volunteer only travel discount program), 24/7 Travel and emergency assistance, Orientation presentation, Placement partner manual, Placement partner t-shirt.

Chanelle
Constance Bay, Ontario

Fantastic Trip - Rewarding Hands on Experience with Animals!!

Earlier this year I traveled to Mexico for a two week volunteer experience through Animal Experience International (AEI). From the very first email sent to AEI and throughout the entirety of my trip even up until today, I have kept in touch with AEI and all my new friends in Mexico! That alone says everything about the communication and open door policy for all parties involved. Two thumbs up! Everything about this trip was rewarding. It was wonderful being able to be a part of a team who share the same passion as you - animals. This amazing organization and all of their volunteers dedicate their lives to helping animals in need. I was able to take part in the preparation and recovery process of animals during their Spay and Neuter clinics and campaigns. I went on the road to experience several animal rescues first hand and attended city meetings regarding animal cruelty with the founders of this amazing rescue organization. Oh! And of course cuddling with animals. This is only to name a few! I was also able to experience their famous Feria de San Marcos, a variety of traditional Mexican cuisine, and visited famous landmarks. I even took a picture standing in the center of Mexico!!! Really cool! Another perfect example of why this was such an awesome life changing experience. I wouldn't change a thing about it!! In fact, I am currently planning another trip with AEI this coming March 2016 - I can't wait!!!!!

Honestly, I wouldn't change a thing. As I mentioned above, I am currently in the process of planning my second volunteer experience with AEI.

We are a B Corp with a mission to change the world by matching clients with conservation and animal welfare related volunteer opportunities at sanctuaries, hospitals and research projects.

Our commitment is to change the lives of AEI clients AND to change the lives of