GeoVisions Alumni

This program is no longer offered. View more programs from GeoVisions Foundation.

GeoVisions ... We're small enough to pay close attention to our students and our employers, and large enough to give you the support and resources you need to be assured of a rewarding international experience.

Founded in 2001, GeoVisions' Co-Founders bring over 70 years of experience in international education and exchange. We're young enough to know what's needed in the twenty-first century, and old enough to have learned what's not needed.

GeoVisions carefully screens partners around the globe to help prepare participants for living in their host country.

We know the importance of international education and exchange, and we understand the value these experiences bring to your life.

Holly

Even In The Middle Of Nowhere You Can Have A Great Experience

I had an amazing time at Feynan Ecolodge tutoring. It was by far the best experience abroad I have ever had, and I will definitely have memories of that trip forever. I plan to mentor others who want to go to Feynan on this program.

Anyone looking to do this program only need to understand that it will be very difficult to maintain contact with people since you are in the middle of nowhere for most of the trip.
Sherry

Jordan - home of the nicest people on earth!

The conversation corps program was less of a volunteering experience for me and more of a cultural exchange. The family did not want any formalized teaching but instead just preferred I interacted with them regularly. Therefore the volunteer portion was quite simple.
My days were completely free to go explore around Amman and surrounding towns and ruins. I was also able to go to Petra and the Dead Sea.

The family I was placed with was very nice and would include me in family events and take me into Amman to site see and get great food!

The only downside was that the home was a bit far outside of the city - so it was hard to get to town easily. I took the local buses - which ended up being really fun as the the Jordanians were so genuinely helpful to any tourists. Strangers paid for my bus rides, and rode with me to ensure I got to the right destination.

Overall the people in Jordan were eager to interact and be ultra helpful. Often inviting me into their homes or businesses to simply interact. I felt completely safe as a solo female traveler.

afreshchapter

Conversation Partner Within The Cancer World

I feel very lucky that I had the opportunity to participate in a GeoVisions program as part of my Around the World - Adventure of Hope.

Randy and the team at GeoVisions pulled together my placement very quickly and managed to do it during a challenging time of year in Vietnam (I was in the country over the Tet holiday where many of the schools and businesses shut down).

During my month in Vietnam, I had the chance to spend time in Ha Noi, Da Nang, and Ho Chi Minh city and stayed in a hotel, with a host family in a house, and with a host in a small apartment.

The best part of the experience with GeoVisions was the cultural immersion. If you are nervous about traveling overseas and want someone to take care of every single detail for you, this may not be the right program for you. But, if you have traveled before and you want to experience life like the locals do, GeoVisions is an excellent choice. I felt like I got the support when I needed it (i.e. pick ups at the airport or train station/rides to meetings/and orientation to each city). But, I also had free time to explore on my own.

Given my area of interest, I wanted to meet doctors and support groups in the cancer world. In both Ha Noi and Ho Chi Minh city, GeoVisions introduced me to a couple of people and I was then able to network and build many more relationships and volunteer in both cities.

If you are a self starter and want to create a memorable experience, Geo Visions is a great option. Also, if you're trying to decide on a destination, I highly recommend Vietnam. Although like many developing countries, the garbage, the traffic, and the pollution take some getting used to, the warmth of the people is second to none. I feel incredibly lucky to have made some new Vietnamese friends (including my very gracious hosts) and after a month in the country would very much look forward to an opportunity to go back.

To read more about my experiences in Vietnam, feel free to read my posts on A Fresh Chapter here: http://www.afreshchapter.com/tag/vietnam

DanielleMP

Great Site

I loved my time at the Red Cross Children's Hospital in Capetown. I was only there for 2 weeks but I gained a lot from the experience. You really get an opportunity to build relationships with children and their families. The staff make sure you get a lot of different experiences by moving you around between various floors. You also get the opportunity to build relationships with other volunteers and I spent a majority of my downtime in Capetown with other volunteers. spent a lot of our down time with other volunteers. Overall it was a great experience and one that I would recommend to anyone.

About GeoVisions Foundation

Get paid to teach English abroad or be an au pair. Volunteer to tutor English or be a language camp counselor. This is a great way to reward yourself with a working vacation for 1 to 12 months in Thailand, France, Italy and 10 other countries! It's...