Volunteer in Childcare and Development with Love Volunteers - From just $199!

Volunteer in Childcare and Development with Love Volunteers - From just $199!

Love children? Want to help develop and shape the next generation? We have the perfect programs for you!

Our range of childcare projects allow volunteers the opportunity to gain real world hands-on experience in childcare centers, kindergartens and community based after-school programs in some of the most impoverished regions of the world. From assisting with pre-school education, aiding in the development of social and cognitive skills, to instilling physical well-being through games and activities, we have an option to suit your skills and interests, in a location that will truly WOW you!

Love Volunteers has provided safe, meaningful and truly affordable volunteering abroad opportunities to thousands of volunteers from all over the world. Become a Love Volunteer and get the experience of a lifetime whilst helping those in real need on one of our Childcare Projects! Check out our exciting programs below and sign up now!

Volunteer in Albania: Volunteer at a children's community center or a foster home.

Volunteer in Bolivia: Work with children and community development.

Volunteer in Cambodia: There are social work and childcare opportunities.

Volunteer in Cameroon: Care for children 0-12 years old.

Volunteer in Ecuador: Support a children's daycare center.

Volunteer in Galapagos Islands: Care for children so their parents can earn a living.

Volunteer in Ghana: Work at an orphanage.

Volunteer in Guatemala: Help with children under 12.

Volunteer in India: Work with children in Jaipur or Delhi.

Volunteer in Kenya: Support the reunification of families.

Volunteer in Malawi: Care for children.

Volunteer in Mexico: Work with a non-profit.

Volunteer in Mongolia: With with a orphanage and education center.

Volunteer in Morocco: Help instill life skills in kids and young people.

Volunteer in Nepal: Teaching and childcare in orphanages.

Volunteer in Peru: Work at an orphanage or after school program.

Volunteer in Senegal: Help in an orphanage, nursery school or community center.

Volunteer in South Africa: Find a social welfare project.

Volunteer in Sri Lanka: Volunteer in preschool education.

Volunteer in Tanzania: Work with an orphanage.

Volunteer in Uganda: Work at an orphanage and education center.

Volunteer in Ukraine: Volunteer in an orphanage.

Volunteer in Vietnam: Work with children with disabilities.

Volunteer in Zambia: Volunteer in preschool education.

Africa
1 Year+
Year Round

Bella
Auckland, New Zealand

Tanzanian adventure of a lifetime!

I absolutely loved my six weeks in Arusha, Tanzania. Its so diverse here, you really have the opportunity to get amongst it all. I spent a lot of time with the children doing all sorts of things, like playing games, teaching english in the school etc however there was more then enough opportunities to get involved with things that keep the orphanage running. I spent time cleaning, lugging water and dirt, serving the children for lunch and occasionally dinner, gardening and basically anything that needed to be done. Be prepared to get dirty because a lot of what needs to be done is on the ground like laundry and dishes etc. I have to admit none of that matters because it is so easily adaptable at Matanyok. The Mumma and Pappa of the orphanage were amazing and really made me feel like one of there own daughters. They often would invite me around for dinner with them and the children "now thats a crazy process, feeding all their little mouths". I absolutely fell in love with the children of course, at first they are a little shy but once they learn your name and see you more then once they are also in love. The joy you get from telling them stories and playing activities will give you life long fulfillment and only inspire you to carry on your journey and continue to volunteer. I look forward to the next time I am back to see how much has grown and changed.

I developed such a bond with the workers and children on my trip I wouldn't change a thing for myself personally. However it was incredibly painful that a volunteer would spend his/her whole day, every day in the class room teaching and playing with the children and the other volunteers would be sitting on the ground doing laundry or cleaning dishes etc. I think if there was some kind of guidance put in place to delegate what volunteer does what and make the work load a little even would be incredibly beneficial for future volunteers.

Response from Love Volunteers

Hi Bella,
Thanks so much for this detailed description of volunteering in Arusha. It's great feedback for us and incredibly helpful for future volunteers. Knowing what to expect makes a huge difference to how a volunteer feels on their placement.
We're so pleased to hear you got stuck into whatever tasks needed to be done and got joy out of the simplest of things. That's what volunteering means!
We really appreciate your comments about how the program could be improved. Ideally volunteers would get together to arrange a suitable roster when on placement.
Thanks for being an awesome volunteer and we'd love to have you back!

Delaney
Ohio

Working With Children in Uganda

We are 19 years old and from America. We felt called to do something that would really make a difference and after a lot of research we stumbled upon Love Volunteers. We feel so blessed that we found them because they were extremely helpful with every step of our journey. They were so kind and patient, and answered anything we asked. We were placed in Kidron Valley Ministries in Jinja. Kidron consisted of an orphanage, a school, and a clinic all on the same grounds. Everyday we were able to walk to Kidron and help at all three parts. Our daily tasks consisted of things like: bathing, feeding, and playing with orphans, coloring, talking to, and playing with school children, and doing whatever the clinic needed help with. This experience was the greatest of our lives and we couldn't feel more blessed that we were able to meet these amazing people. Our host family was wonderful and did everything they could to make us feel welcome. We already can't wait to go back.

I am not sure that I can think of anything that needs improved to be honest. We had no trouble at all, and loved the whole program.

Response from Love Volunteers

Hi Delaney and Jordan,
We're humbled by your comments. We can't do what we do in these countries without amazing volunteers like you!
Come back and join us again soon.

Kirsten
Canada
Cleveland State University

Ghana: School & Orphanage--Kumasi

Ghana is an extraordinary place! The people are generous, open-hearted, and helpful. Before volunteering there, I had not travelled to any African country. But now I know I'll surely go back to Ghana and also visit other countries.
Working with the children at the school and the orphanage was a very wonderful experience. In each case, I was really able (after a couple of days of getting used to everything) to sink my teeth into the work, and the kids (and staff) were really great. I won't forget the smiles, enthusiasm and warmth from the kids...they were so appreciative of the smallest of gestures: holding a hand, giving a hug, making up a silly song, or just simply listening to them. This was my third time volunteering, and I always feel that I get more than I give. It is true of Ghana as well.
Teaching English at the an elementary school and working some in an orphanage were wonderful insights into life in Ghana for some children and the challenges of poverty. Warm and hospitable, Ghanaians make you feel right at home! And the kids are simply the sweetest! In both environments, I felt I was adding something and was appreciated for my efforts. I spent most of my time in Kumasi, but I did get the opportunity to travel to the Cape Coast and Kakum National Park. All-in-all, volunteering in Ghana was truly an unforgettable experience.

It's quite supportive of volunteers. There really isn't anything I can think of to improve things.

Response from Love Volunteers

Dear Kirsten,
What an amazing volunteer you are! We love having you on the team - and so do the children!
You say "I always feel that I get more than I give" which is what we hope all our volunteers feel about their placements (even though they are probably giving more than they know).
We hope to have you back on-board with us again soon.
The Team @ Love Volunteers

We are just a handful of passionate people working hard to help volunteers and local communities around the world. We don't have huge overheads - no company cars, no downtown office - we're just volunteers who thought we could do a better job. We work