View Other Details
The Namibia Wildlife Sanctuary project offers volunteers the opportunity to work with baboons, wild dogs, big cats such as cheetahs, leopards and lions, and many other incredible creatures! The sanctuary itself is found in a natural savannah paradise with breath-taking views of open plains and magnificent mountains. It is the ideal place to begin your volunteering adventure.
This unique conservation project enables you to get involved in all aspects of the sanctuary work, including cheetah conservation, helping to care for, feed and rehabilitate a whole host of local wildlife and creating safe, natural environments for the resident animals. The sanctuary aims to release as many animals as possible into safe conservation areas, away from conflict and human interaction. Since opening in 2008, the project team alongside volunteers have successfully released hundreds of animals, including over 80 carnivores safely reintroduced into the wild!
- Feed the resident animals.
- Spend time interacting and caring for some of the animals.
- Work with the local children at the Clever Cubs school.
- Take part in a game count by horse back.
- Visit the San people and learn some of their ancient skills!