Most Affordable Volunteering in Nepal from $280

Most Affordable Volunteering in Nepal from $280

Iko Poran offer a wide variety of safe, meaningful and highly affordable projects in Nepal, one of the poorest countries in the world with a rich cultural heritage and unparallel beauty. Nepal is a dream destination for volunteers who wish to make a positive change in the lives of others. We have the perfect volunteer project that will match your skills and interests.

Projects in Nepal:
- Teach English to Children in local schools or to Monks in a Monastery,
- Help in an orphanage sharing skills and bringing love to deprived children,
- Work in a hospital in a challenging and rewarding program creating a positive impact.

Volunteers can choose to stay from 1 to 12 weeks
Programs start on the 1st and 3rd Mondays of the month
Program includes: Airport pickup, Orientation, Placement, Accommodation, 3 meals per day, support from the local staff throughout your program, 24x7 emergency support and donation to support your project.

• Volunteerism should not be expensive for those want to lend a hand;
  • Volunteers receive an orientation covering the culture of Nepal and also a tour Katmandu upon arrival;
  • Most affordable registration and program fees!
  • Only Volunteer Abroad Organization based in a developing country; Other providers are profit-oriented traveling companies based in First World nations;
  • All money charged is used to further achieve our mission and contribute to our local programs.
Weeks Min.
Weeks Max
Year Round
What is included in the program Fee?

Airport pickup, Orientation, Accommodation, 3 meals per day, support from the local staff, program supervision, in-country 24x7 support throughout your program, in-country administration costs and donation to support your project.
Registration Fee is only US$ 199.
Volunteers in our Nepal program find US$ 50 to be sufficient for basic weekly expenses.

Teaching in Kathmandu

I was in Kathmandu for a month, teaching in a local school with kids of all ages. The school let me start teaching on my first day and gave me other task to complete while working there
It is a great way to put your teaching skills on the line. How to manage the language barrier, the different teaching styles and the schools rules. The kids and teachers are so kind and always want to talk and exchange stories.

You learn about a different culture, while meating great people and helping the kids.
I recommend this experience for every teacher or teacher-to-be.

Teaching English in a monastery in Kathmandu: an experience to remember!

Teaching English to the child/junior monks at the Monastery has been an interesting, inspiring and educational experience for me. I only hope my pupils experienced it the same way. The atmosphere in the monastery was very welcoming, peaceful and enjoyable and so were the people in it. At times, it was challenging to keep the kids in line by using only positive feedback and enthusiasm (because they see and undergo enough violence in their lives) but I think me and other volunteers have found a nice balance to make lessons entertaining, engaging as well as educational. It has been very rewarding to see how much progress they’ve made in the three weeks I got to teach them.

By insuring that when volunteers are finished with the program, it is well-documented what progress they made and at what level the kids are at in their English proficiency. It took me quite some time to figure out what kind of lessons would be at the right level for the kids.

Volunteering in a Kathmandu Hospital

It´s been a childhood dream of mine to visit Nepal and the neighboring region of Tibet.
Ikoporan in association with FDIP allowed me to join the wishes of helping others and getting to know such a different culture as the nepalese is from the european.
During my 3 week stay in Nepal I was very fortunate to be welcomed in a host nepalese family that not only demonstrated utmost kindness and generosity to me and my boyfriend, but also with whom I was able to learn about many customs and their meanings, cultural inheritance, frustrations and dreams in the heart of Kathmandu. I thank them for having enriched my experience in countless ways.
At the hospital I was able to exchange experiences and knowledge that was beneficial to both sides and was also extremely well integrated in the hospital routines. Thank You Manmohan Cardiothoracic Vascular and Transplant Center for this opportunity!!!
The final days in Nepal I spent trekking in the Annapurna region and was blessed with the most breathtaking mountain landscapes I have ever seen!
All of these things were perfectly orchestrated with the help of Ikoporan and FDIP, and I will always be extremely grateful for that!!! Keep up the excellent work!!!!!

About Iko Poran Volunteer Abroad

Iko Poran is the only Volunteer Abroad organization based in a developing country respectively in a destination country, and also, Iko Poran is the only one that runs its own projects. We have 14 years experience and have received and coordinated...