Join IVHQ and volunteer abroad in Nepal! Highly affordable programs are available for anywhere from 1 week to 12 weeks. Volunteers are welcomed to assist on a range of community-driven projects including Medical, Teaching, Construction and Renovation and Childcare opportunities. Volunteers are accommodated in local homestays alongside other international volunteers.
Current IVHQ Volunteer Programs in Nepal:
- Teaching English
- Construction and Renovation
- Childcare in Kathmandu or Pokhara
- Medical Elective: where volunteers gain valuable experience and insight into the Nepali healthcare system in urban clinics.
- Remote Health Post Work: where volunteers work at rural healthcare clinics and provide support to local communities.
- Programs available year-round, starting on the first and third Monday of every month
- Program fees include airport pick-up, orientation, accommodation, meals and 24/7 in-country support
- Community-driven projects focused on supporting local needs and delivering sustainable positive impacts including unique medical opportunities
- Volunteers typically stay in homestays and are immersed in the Nepali cultures and customs through their host family.
- Projects are available in four locations in Nepal: Kathmandu, Chitwan, Chitlang and Pokhara
- Volunteers have weekends free to experience Nepalese festivals, explore world heritage sights, or climb some of the worlds largest mountains.
- Read the great reviews and interviews IVHQ alumni have left about their experiences in Nepal, and visit the IVHQ website to start planning your trip!