View Other Details
Trusted by 114,000+ volunteers, IVHQ offers the world's most popular volunteer programs in Nepal and 50+ other destinations around the world. Choose from 9 meaningful projects based in and around Kathmandu, Chitwan, Chitlang and Pokhara.
Our programs in Nepal span 1 to 12 weeks, and when you’re not giving back to the local community, you’ll have the opportunity to immerse yourself in Nepalese culture and join IVHQ’s tour add-ons, including the famous Everest Base Camp Trek and Hatha Yoga Retreat.
Your fully-hosted experience includes airport pick-up, orientation, homestay accommodation, meals and 24/7 in-country support. IVHQ offers a multi-layered support network, so even before you depart, you’ll receive outstanding service from your IVHQ Program Manager and gain exclusive access to volunteer training and preparation tools.
Ready to make a difference? Join our community of 114,000+ travelers who’ve spent over 7 million hours giving back.
- IVHQ’s Nepal programs are available year-round, starting the first and third Monday of every month
- Highly affordable program fees starting from $250 - IVHQ provides the most affordable and top-rated programs
- You’ll be joining a global network of 114,000+ volunteers backed by the world’s leading team of volunteer travel experts with an outstanding safety system and track record
- Support impact-driven volunteer projects run by locals within your host community
- Flexible booking and free changes so you can register with confidence
You can get your hands on a range of different International Volunteer HQ sponsorships throughout the year, with the money you win going directly towards the cost of one of their two-week programs. You'll also get a flight voucher in the value of up to $1,000 from STA Travel and travel insurance to cover the duration of the program from World Nomads. Recent grants have included an “Alternative Break” scholarship, where Spring, Summer or Winter break programs were fully funded.
Based in either Kathmandu or Pokhara, you'll be based in a childcare center helping with early stages of education and entertainment, fostering an appetite for learning and fun in local children.
Help with construction and maintenance around educational facilities across Nepal. This is well suited to fit an eager volunteer who enjoys physical, hands-on work.
Assist education centers for women who did not complete high school qualifications, but want another chance. Volunteers focus on teaching English, which boosts job prospects and helps with cultural understanding.
Provide valued input as a fluent English speaker in lessons in both public and private schools across Nepal.