• Nepal

Program Details

Spring Break Summer Winter Year Round
Groups
Small Group (1-15) Medium Group (16-30) Large Group (31+)

Pricing

Fully hosted experience from only $250 for 1 week - this includes accommodation, meals, airport pick-up, orientation and 24/7 in-country support.
What's Included
Accommodation Airport Transfers Meals
What's Not Included
Airfare Travel Insurance Visa
Jan 05, 2023
Dec 28, 2022
49 travelers are looking at this program

Trusted by 124,000+ volunteers, IVHQ offers the world's most popular volunteer programs in Nepal and 50+ other destinations around the world. Choose from 10 meaningful projects based in and around Kathmandu, Chitwan, Chitlang and Pokhara.

Our programs in Nepal span 1 to 12 weeks, and when you’re not giving back to the local community, you’ll have the opportunity to immerse yourself in Nepalese culture and join IVHQ’s tour add-ons, including the famous Everest Base Camp Trek and Hatha Yoga Retreat.

Your fully-hosted experience includes airport pick-up, orientation, homestay accommodation, meals and 24/7 in-country support. IVHQ offers a multi-layered support network, so even before you depart, you’ll receive outstanding service from your IVHQ Program Manager and gain exclusive access to volunteer training and preparation tools.

Ready to make a difference? Join our community of 124,000+ travelers who’ve spent over 7 million hours giving back.

Program Highlights

• IVHQ’s Nepal programs are available year-round, starting the first and third Monday of every month
  • Highly affordable program fees starting from $250 for a week - IVHQ provides the most affordable and top-rated programs
  • Incredible travel and tour add-ons, including the famous Everest Base Camp Trek and Hatha Yoga Retreat
  • Support impact-driven volunteer projects run by locals within your host community
  • Flexible booking and free changes so you can register with confidence

Popular Programs

Volunteer in Nepal with IVHQ

Based in either Kathmandu or Pokhara, you'll be based in a childcare center helping with early stages of education and entertainment, fostering an appetite for learning and fun in local children.

Volunteer in Nepal with IVHQ

Help with construction and maintenance around educational facilities across Nepal. This is well suited to fit an eager volunteer who enjoys physical, hands-on work.

Volunteer in Nepal with IVHQ

Assist education centers for women who did not complete high school qualifications, but want another chance. Volunteers focus on teaching English, which boosts job prospects and helps with cultural understanding.

Volunteer in Nepal with IVHQ

Provide valued input as a fluent English speaker in lessons in both public and private schools across Nepal.

• 5 rating 87.8%
  • 4 rating 9.76%
  • 3 rating 0%
  • 2 rating 0%
  • 1 rating 2.44%
Imke

Childcare Kathmandu

I had an amazing experience! It was all well arranged. The guidebook helped me prepare for my volunteer trip. In addition, Scotia assisted me very well during the preparation by responding quickly to my questions via e-mail. Moreover, I liked the regular contact during my time in Nepal. They asked me how I was doing and if I experience any troubles. It was nice to feel that the staff of IVHQ keep an eye on me. Because of that, I didn't feel alone. Actually, I didn't feel alone at all. I've met so many new people from different countries. It was so much fun! With other volunteers I have done activities such as: going on safari, visiting cities, going out for dinner and doing the ABC trek. Besides the volunteers, I've made friends with local people like my host family, the people at my volunteer placement and the staff of my trek. My host family in Nepal was so kind and involved. I've been very lucky to have been able to live with them. It was so nice to live and work with the locals. This made my experience very special! I learned so much during my time in Nepal. My perspective of the world and life changed in a good way. It has given me a broader view. I'm also more aware of enjoying the little things in life and being happy with what you have. It was a fantastic experience to get to know a different culture and way of life.

The only downside I found was that I didn't get a refund for my extra booked nights, which turned out I didn't need. This is good to know for the next time.

Despite this, I can't wait to do this again with IVHQ!

Pros
  • staff keep an eye on you
  • well arranged form beginning till the end
Cons
  • don't book extra nights before your trip, book it when you are there
Olivia

Women's Program - Kathmandu

What a wonderful country! I had the most culturally immersive and wonderful time in Nepal volunteering at a women's centre just on the outskirts of Kathmandu where I was instantly welcomed. I went from mid-November to mid-December and I had perfect weather - sunshine every day. Everything was very well organised by IVHQ and there was not one moment where I felt unsafe or unsupported. My host family were very kind and welcomed me with open arms into their home. There are lots of things to do and see on the weekends, and I was able to organise everything while in country. Pokhara is a must!!!

Pros
  • Homestay with local family
  • Beautiful country
  • Affordable
Aaron

What an amazing experience with IVHQ in Nepal!

What an amazing experience with IVHQ! I volunteered in Nepal through IVHQ and had the time of my life! I enrolled on the construction and renovation program where I was helping out at a local community school based in Pokhara and I loved it! Nepal is such a beautiful scenic country with such amazing and friendly people. I was quite unsure on which volunteer organisation to go through so at first I chose IVHQ due to its user friendly and colourful website. Once I contacted IVHQ and enrolled myself on my program, they helped me prepare for my time in Nepal - from the step by step guide to help you prepare, regular check ins to see how you are doing, offering discounted flights, travel insurance and activities on free time through their trusted partner agencies and sending you tips/tutorials to make you feel that little more comfortable - all added to making my journey one I’ll never forget. If you are nervous/unsure about volunteering abroad just like I was, just contact IVHQ and they’ll assist in the making of your incredible journey ahead!

Pros
  • Making amazing new friends
  • Seeing the positive impact the volunteers had made during my time and before my time
  • Help and guidance from the volunteer team made the experience feel much more safer and more comfortable
Viola

Amazing experience

I did the women education program near Kathmandu in October. It's a truly fulfilling experience where volunteers get to mingle with the host family, the locals and the students at the learning center. Everything was well organized from IVHQ customer support, staff member on the ground, to local host families. Oct and Nov are probably the best time to visit Nepal because during the dry season, the weather and road condition are much better and predictable if you want to do weekend trips (highly recommend!).

Brendan

Sustainable Agriculture in Nepal

I loved this program with a passion. As a college student in Agriculture I was able to relate so much of my learnings to the practices the locals have been mastering for years. I felt like was personally able to grow myself through this program and I came back with a new outlook on life that I felt no other country or culture has ever left an impression on me before. IVHQ Ensured that my trip and program was smooth and safe. Any and all problems that arose I always had a back to lean on and they made sure I was always prepared from start to finish. They were always prompt with contact. And I made sure I was never alone in my adventures in Nepal!

Pros
  • Vast Cultures
  • Amazing Food
  • Amazing Agriculture Practices
Cons
  • Tough Transition
  • Some Places Can Be Inaccessible At Times
Calon

Would highly recommend IVHQ

This was my first international volunteer project. I could see IVHQ had enough media presence for me to be confident it was legitimate.

IVHQ always answered my queries promptly and prior to departure I was given an info pack with lots of useful learnings. Upon arrival, there was an orientation where the volunteers from different projects met and we had cultural awareness sessions, got our homestay locations and a briefing of what's expected etc.

I stayed with a local family in a homestay which was a great experience as it immersed me fully into Nepalese culture, their food, values and was able to join in with their way of life. It was really eye opening to notice what we take for granted - things like washing machines, AC and even strong carrier bags!

The project itself comprised of women aged 16-60 and the teaching takes place on the roof of a ladies house as unfortunately they dont have a school. The women are so eager to learn and desperately need materials and support. There is no curriculum so you plan the lessons yourself based upon your assessment of the group and we were able to cover maths, english, using a calculator, dancing (just for fun!), singing and understand the challenges faced by the women with lack of domestic abuse support and period poverty.

It really has been an emotionally awakening experience and I would fully recommend anyone who is debating, to go ahead and just do it!

I would recommend you plan some sessions ahead of time and materials wise bring basic english language books etc where you make photocopies of pages for the women to take home. There is a whiteboard but thats all they have.

I was a solo female traveller and I felt safe on this project too.

Pros
  • Great communication
  • Homestay with a local family
  • Beautiful country
Cons
  • Lots of bugs - takes some getting used to!
Hanna

Childcare in Pokhara

Absolutely incredible life changing experience. I met the most amazing people and had such an authentic genuine experience really immersing myself in the culture. The homestay was a beautiful welcoming family and was the one of the best parts of the trip. I gained such a new perspective on life and really reassessed my values. Truly unforgettable experience and such a beautiful country. Paragliding was so fun and I recommend doing at least one trek! The mountains and lakeside of Pokhara are so beautiful!

Kyle

Construction project Pokhara, Nepal

I had the adventure of a lifetime. From the moment I committed to my trip I was in good hands. The program guide and online application were very clear and had me set up for success! Everything leading up to the flight was smooth and I felt comfortable traveling to a far away land by myself (1st time). The support stayed top notch as the local team in Nepal were extraordinary. I stepped out of the airport to a warm welcome from Mukunda. Couldn’t have been in better hands with the local team. My hotels were booked, I got a solid orientation and a stroll around the neighborhood. My home stay was a wonderful family I enjoyed sharing conversation with the sons. From planes, to bus rides to my home stay, to jeep rides to the trek add-on, I was taken care of and never felt abandoned or lost or scared. Affordability, cultural immersion, fun add-ons, this organization has it all! Can’t wait to book my next trip! 10/10

Pros
  • Affordability
  • Cultural immersion
  • Epic add-ons
Cons
  • NA
  • NA
  • NA