Health and Sanitation Program in Nepal

We Volunteer Nepal is a non-for-profit based community organization.
We Volunteer Nepal is a non-for-profit based community organization.

This project includes working with trained medical staff at a government hospital or private clinic. You will be supporting the staff in their daily routines at every stage of patient care. Whether you have basic medical knowledge or are a licensed physician, we can pair you with a project that best fits your skills and needs.

Food and housing during orientation is included, as well as transportation to and from the volunteer project. When you are at your volunteer project, you will be staying with a Nepali host family. You will be provided accommodation, food, and a first-hand learning experience of Nepali culture. Be prepared to eat and live like a Nepali! It is a wonderful, eye-opening experience you will forever remember. Our staff will contact you each week to check in and make sure the home-stay and project are going well.

Manon

A valuable experience at the emergency department

As a medical student, I worked in the emergency department at Narayami Community Hospital, a private hospital in Bharatpur. The medical staff was very welcoming, and friendly. My work was suited to my medical level, and I could easily go to other departments. It was really interesting to compare the way the patients are treated and managed in Nepal with the way I am used to. This program is a valuable practical experience, adapted to my professional project. However, I didn't feel so useful, and would have prefered to help people who can't afford medical care. My host family was wonderful and I was so glad to be immersed in Nepalese culture. The program director and his staff were reactive, reliable, caring and everything was well organised.

By adding missions in some free medical camps