Community and Childcare Projects in Nepal

Volunteer with Children in Nepal
Volunteer with Children in Nepal
Child Finger Painting
Child Finger Painting

Volunteer in Nepal and become part of a project aimed at bringing social upliftment through teaching, cultural exchange and tackling health issues.
Volunteers start their journey acclimatizing to Nepalese life and sightseeing in Thamel before traveling to their placement of choice.

The projects include:
Working in a children's home and orphanage
Teaching English in rural schools
Environmental volunteering on a traditional farming project
Working in a healthcare center

Beata

Nepal Childcare and Community Program for High School Students

It was a fruitful 2 week program in which I really enjoyed. It's lovely that we get to travel with people of our age (aged 15-18) from around the globe as we get to learn about different cultures. Besides painting classrooms and interacting with children on the weekdays, we did a variety of activities like learning a bit of Nepali, watching traditional dance performances, visiting temples and a farm and travelling to Pokhara where we get to visit a suspension bridge, lake Phewa and see lots of attractions. We get to try a range of traditional Nepali cuisines as well and I particularly enjoy Momo, pork dumplings. The trip was very precious as you get to experience a different culture and make a difference to the place without worrying as we are being carefully looked after by friendly Project Abroad staff.

What was the most surprising thing you saw or did?
There were quite a few cows laying comfortably in the middle of the street and all drivers could always pass by skillfully despite the heavy traffic.
Etain

My Trip Of A Lifetime

Back in June, myself and my friend took a huge step and travelled to Nepal with Projects Abroad. As two 18 year girls we were terrified as neither of us had travelled on our own before but Projects Abroad put us at ease instantly. They were with us from the moment we emailed them inquirying about Nepal to departing back home. We did the Care and Community project in Kathmandu for a month. We taught in one of the local school's, teaching children from 3-12 yr old about Science, Computers, Maths and English. We let them do Art if they got their work done and the Art I came home with are drawings I'll cherish forever.

After a day's work we would go get momo's or meet up with friends from other projects in a different town and explore. We made friends for life over there and some are even coming over to visit us for St Patrick’s Day!

When we got back to our host family, everyone in my house would gather in one of the rooms and talk about our day. Dinner was always delicious. Even a fussy eater will love it. My host was the friendliest woman. She would often talk to us about her day or try to accommodate her schedule around us. Her children loved that they have volunteers frequently and talk to us when they aren't busy with homework or playing on their tin whistle that we brought over.

Project's Abroad contacted us frequently with updates about workshops and asked to meet up in café’s to talk about how we are settling in and if we have any problems or even just to talk. They even made sure our living conditions were appropriate. They couldn’t do enough for us. Even when we arrived home we got an email asking us if we enjoyed our trip. This organisation isn’t a business, it’s a caring environment that want to see both parties benefit and honestly I think we both did. I will forever cherish the memories I made in Nepal and the friends I’ve made for life. If anyone is considering travelling with Project's Abroad, it would be a decision you won't regret!

A little more training for teaching would be beneficial and more support from teacher's