Volunteer Projects in Nepal with Concordia

Voluntary organization set up in 1991. Its main aims are to strengthen friendship and co-operation between Nepalese youth and people from all over the world through working together; to protect the environment; to conserve and exchange knowledge of traditional civilizations, arts and culture on an international level; and to co-ordinate relief activities in disaster areas. NIFC is a well established organisation but volunteers should be aware that living conditions on the majority of projects are very basic.

Susie

Concordia is an excellent volunteering organisation

Concordia volunteers are a great organisation. I went to Nepal through them in 2011. Since then I have volunteered with them in the UK and am going to South Korea this year through them. The staff are so supportive and everyone volunteering in a developing country must go on a training day to ensure that they are fully briefed on their experience before going. The staff cannot do enough to help volunteers and work so hard to make sure that volunteering overseas is ethical, safe and meaningful. The projects are very affordable and as they are a charity you know that all the fees are going back into improving the service. Going to Nepal was an amazing experience and Concordia made sure I was fully prepared including making sure I had a hostel booked when I arrived and was picked up from the airport. I lived and volunteered in an orphanage in the Himalayas and can honestly say that it was a life changing and amazing experience. I would recommend overseas volunteering and Concordia volunteers to everyone!