The capital of New Zealand, Wellington, sits right next to the strait dividing the two main islands and acts as the seat of the Kiwi government. We work in a variety of service fields, from Community Health Education and Support to Microfinance and Local Economic Development and so many others.
Throughout your program, you will participate in a variety of reflection-based assignments to add depth to your experiences. Through service at a local organization and these guided reflection activities, our goal is to help you gain a better understanding of the local language, culture, and community.
Each service-learning placement is unique, so visit the ISA Service-Learning website to learn more about the specific placements and program options available in Wellington. We especially recommend our New Zealand program for those interested in community health.
- Receive personalized advising on service opportunities and program options that are the best fit for you.
- Begin your transition to daily life in your new country and culture on the Bridging Cultures Program, our in-country orientation.
- Colloquially referred to as Wellywood, Wellington has become the nucleus of several film projects from studios around the world. Be sure to visit Hobbiton.
- Demonstrate the professional, cultural, and personal competencies you acquired while on the program through reflection-based assignments and activities that make up the ISA Service-Learning Portfolio.
- Benefit from the ISA office located in Wellington.
ISA Scholarships and Financial Aid
ISA is committed to increasing all students’ access to study abroad’s many benefits. We don't let financial hardships to get in the way of a life changing educational experience.