AMIGOS is running two projects in Nicaragua in 2018.
Matagalpa, dubbed "the city of eternal spring," is in the mountainous coffee growing region of Nicaragua. Participants engage in projects focused on community health and civic participation and attend regional workshops alongside local youth.
The Chontales project will complement Plan Nicaragua's activities centered on fostering gender equality through sports. Participants will work with local youth each through daily activities and collaborate with their community on a sustainable project.
- Live like a local with a host family
- Improve your Spanish through authentic cultural immersion
- Lead daily activities for local youth
- Explore a new region in a new country
- Collaborate with community members on a service project