Nicaragua Volunteer Healthcare Program

Nicaragua Volunteer Healthcare Program

Whether you’re looking for a change of pace (or scenery!) from your current medical/healthcare career or are looking for an exciting way to fulfill your internship responsibilities, The Roberto Clemente Clinic in Nicaragua presents a great volunteer opportunity in Nicaragua– the chance to combine the thrilling adventure of travel with the benevolent feelings of giving back to those in need in our community in Limon, Nicaragua.

If discovering a new country through surfing, camping, horseback riding and hiking sounds ideal to you, consider a volunteer vacation to Nicaragua!

Imagine a morning filled with the smiling faces of children eager to learn basic math skills from you, followed by an afternoon of leisure at the beach. What about discovering nature strolling forest trails brimming with monkeys and exotic birds in the morning, then an afternoon of self-discovery as you feel the pride of teaching the essentials of sanitation to people without plumbing in Nicaragua.

North America » Nicaragua » Managua

Amber
FL
University of Central Florida

Amazing Experience

I am a student studying biology striving to become a Physician Assistant. I went to Nicaragua for a month and really wanted to volunteer while I was there. I found the clinic by asking around. It was really easy to get started and everyone there was extremely helpful. I got a lot of hands on experience and learned a lot while volunteering at the clinic. I would love to return after graduating and donate more of my time.

yogesh144
Florida!

Amazing Mission Trip!

Our group had about 14 students attending a mission trip to the Roberto Clemente Health Clinic. We went for a period of 7 days in March. I personally think the experience was extraordinary. The staff and the community members were very friendly and helpful. For example, we ate breakfast & lunch everyday at a local community member's house. The owner was a elder woman who cooked 14 delicious meals twice a day for us! She put in so much hard work and effort to make sure we were properly cared for. As for the clinic, they made us feel like a part of their family. They were very welcoming and grateful that we were there. There was never one time during my mission trip that I regretted. I actually hope to visit there again sometime soon because I had such a great time due to the clinic!

The Clinic is named for Roberto Clemente, who played baseball for the Pittsburgh Pirates from 1955 to 1972, when he died trying to help the victims of the devastating Nicaragua earthquake.

Launched in 2004, the Clinic is the result of generous donations from private individuals,