La Casa Learning Center: Cultural Ambassador Program

La Casa Learning Center: Cultural Ambassador Program

Help your international student peers learn about life in your home country and your culture, while you learn about theirs. This is a great way to internationalize your education and gain cultural diversity experience here in Palestine. Cultural Ambassador groups aim to explore the Palestinian culture and participate in meaningful conversations with Palestinian students and professionals. This program advances the free exchange of ideas and culture through education, service, outreach and engagement.  You can provide a unique opportunity for local participants to receive a first hand account of what life is like in other countries.

Highlights:

Nominal fee only.

Miranda
London

Unique experience in Palestine

I had an amazing experience with La Casa and would really reccomend it to anyone looking to volunteer or learn Arabic in Palestine. Before I came I had some concerns about how dangerous the West Bank would be given the current situation but as soon as I arrived I felt more self and welcome than I have in any other country I've visited. Everyone I've met has been incredibly friendly and excited to have a foreigner visit Hebron and see what it's really like. The Old City is beautiful and everyone has extraordinary often very moving stories to tell about like under occupation.

The Palestinian family I'm staying with immediately made me feel at home and have a great sense of humour. I had my own large room and bathroom and the family cooked delicious Palestinian meals every night. Throughout my time in Hebron I met so many fun interesting people. Most evenings we would go to a coffee-shop overlooking the city to eat and smoke shisha with a group of young Palestinians and international volunteers.

The Arabic classes with Emme were really engaging and my spoken Arabic improved a lot in a short space of time. The whole program was very professional and well-organised thanks to Nicole the project co-ordinator who arranged everything and introduced me to lots of people .

Sylvie
Quincy, MA
Springfield College

Interesting and fun

Palestine is a really cool place. The people are really great. Even though you may hear bad stuff about Hebron in the news, I never felt unsafe. The program placed me with a host family who fed me traditional Palestinian food and helped me learn some Arabic. I would love to do this program again next summer. Hebron is a nice place to stay, it has a good mix of old and new. The program itself is good - it has a mix of different things involved. You will learn about the culture, the conflict and some Arabic too. The staff is nice, it's a good mix of Palestinians and Internationals.

Evan
California
Stanford University

Awesome Cultural Ambassador Program

Awesome Cultural Ambassador Program ,met with diversity , met too many people. learn to know geography wise understanding of market places.I would like to recommend this program me to other students as well.

1) More Diversity in terms of nationality

La Casa Learning Center is an educational center located in the heart of Hebron, Palestine. By lifting up, strengthening, and educating individuals we empower them to see beyond their immediate circumstances, dreaming big dreams and growing up to achieve them. They will become teachers, doctors,