Volunteer Teaching Opportunities in Palestine

Volunteer Teaching Opportunities in Palestine

Volunteer teaching will provide you with the opportunity to learn about Palestine. This experience is available to anyone with an interest in helping others to learn the English language, teaching others about your own culture and assisting in youth development programs. We do not require that you have any previous teaching experience and or that you take a TEFL course.

The duration of our program is flexible.  We have international volunteers/interns coming throughout the year for various lengths of stay.  We do prefer that interns/volunteers stay for a minimum of 4 weeks. It is expected that you work 25/30 hours per week.  Your work will consist of the following tasks:

- Teaching English conversation courses
- Planning educational activities
- Organizing educational workshops

Asia » Palestine
Nominal fee which includes housing, administrative costs, travel support and some meals.

As far as I know there is not an upper age limit, we ranged from 20 something to 40 something to a woman that was 60 something. So I believe they take all ages! In order to volunteer you must arrange your own travel to and from and pay $200 a month for housing. If you opt to take Arabic lessons while there, then that is an extra fee! Hope this helps!

Celeste
Washington DC
American University

I love Palestine

After studying politics for years in college, I wanted to come to Palestine to see the occupation for myself. It was really eye-opening being here. There's so much that you will learn that you can't see on the news and by watching documentaries or reading reports. It was so amazing to live in the Old City with a Palestinian family, with settlers as neighbours.. crazy!! We literally could hear them singing in their houses. I really liked teaching conversation classes, my students were fun and eager to learn. I liked the city, it's easy to move around and La Casa is in a convenient location. It was a really great experience. I would recommend it to anyone interested in learning more about Palestine!

Bridgett
Lexington, VA
High Point University

Life in Hebron

The best part of this program was the opportunity to stay with a host family while I completed my internship. The host family I was lucky enough to stay with went above and beyond my expectations. They did not treat me like a guest, they treated me like family. The entire community, be it La Casa staff or strangers on the streets, treats you like family. It is impossible to go somewhere without hearing "Welcome to Hebron!". This was the best experience of my life, and I cannot wait to return!

Tyler
Oklahoma
University of Oklahoma

Teaching English

This program is truly remarkable. It was one of the few study abroad volunteer opportunities I could find that gave me an opportunity to truly see the Arab-Israeli conflict first hand. The opportunity fit perfectly with my studies in International Relations and I got to experience how both the Israelis and Palestinians lived here. The english class schedule is extremely flexible, which gives you ample amount of time to travel around the city and experience the culture. I was worried about the health and safety concerns but once I got here the concerns quickly dispersed. The people in Hebron are extremely friendly. Often times I will get invited to dinner or for tea just walking down the street. This is an amazing eye-opening experience.

lesly
Austin, Texas
Saint Edward's University

So extremely grateful, I love Hebron and everyone that was a part of my experience

Most things associated with the West Bank were not generally the best but living there for almost two months changed my opinion on it completely. Its a wonderful city filled some of the most friendly people that love foreigners. Working at La Casa was truly a great experience and I look forward to visiting again when I get the chance.

A little more structure would be nice, but it shows you how things work in Palestine.

Jack
United Kingdom
Glasgow School of Art

One day I hope these people find peace, they deserve it.

I stayed with a host family in Herbon, and i also taught in the school. It truly was an amazing experience. The city surprised me, not only did i feel completely safe all of the time, but the people were also incredibly welcoming and friendly. One day i hope these people find peace, they deserve it.

La Casa Learning Center is an educational center located in the heart of Hebron, Palestine. By lifting up, strengthening, and educating individuals we empower them to see beyond their immediate circumstances, dreaming big dreams and growing up to achieve them. They will become teachers, doctors,