Volunteer with Working Abroad Projects in Peru

Playing with the big ones!
Playing with the big ones!
Teaching songs to the little ones
Teaching songs to the little ones
Volunteer Peru | Learn Spanish Peru | Working Abroad

Come experience the beauty of Peru and volunteer in the ancient city of Cusco. You can volunteer with children and animals in the local communities, and if interested, also take proper Spanish lessons to learn or further enhance your Spanish skills with a professional language teacher. If you are interested in working with children, you can join the After-School projects, but if more keen on working with animals, you can help out at the Dog Shelter project.

• Make a positive difference to the local communities of Cusco
  • Learn Spanish or enhance your Spanish skills in one of the most ancient cities of South America
  • Experience Peru's natural beauty, while meeting and interacting with locals and other volunteers from around the World

Anon

Extraordinary Experience

I don't have much time, so this reviiew will be short.
That being said, I can't put into words how much working with Project Abroads has helped me develop as a character.
On my trip to Peru I met unique people, experienced different cultures, and ate some great food!
On the way there you can see many phenomenal works such as Macchu Picchu along with other temples.
I live in a small town in the USA, and my experiences there are limited.
I practically live in a bubble, but my experience in Peru has changed my perception of the world (in a good way!).

. .

What was the most unfamiliar thing you ate?
Alpaca meat, Guinea Pig meat, eggs with chicken, along other things.
Paula

Cusco, Peru, Archaeology

Sverything was amazing!!!!! I would defenetly do it again if it would not be that expensive. I paired around 3000 for two weeks. For other volunteer or internships I pay that for two months. Besides that it was fantastic!!!
The stuff was very open and easy to work with. They fought you everything you needed to know and let you work alone. It was a great way to learn to take responsibility. We also did not only go to already excavated areas but also explored new sites. That was very exciting. The text they sent me right before the trip was extremely helpful. I had everything with me and I actually needed everything on that list.
It was freezing at night, so my house family kept on giving me blankets. It was amazing to life with a family there!
Thank you for that wonderful experience!

What was the most unfamiliar thing you ate?
I ate for the first time lama, alpaca, and guinea pig. The guinea pig was one of the best thinks I ate. If you are not vegetarian, defenetly try it. You can eat it with the head off. Makes it a little easier to try ;)
Michelle

A Wawawasi in Peru

I've just returned from Cusco, Perú where I worked for the last three weeks. In January I decided to join Projects Abroad, a project that wasn´t well known in the country where I live (Buenos Aires, Argentina) but I made my research and decided to go for it. In february I arrived, unsure of what I would find there, but everything went excellent, I have absolutely no complaints. My host parents were nice and welcoming, and I lived with other two volunteers from Australia and the UK with whom I became really good friends. My role at the placement was working with little children in a Wawawasi, which is Quechua for a daycare center. I helped making activities for the children, teaching maths and hebrew to both students and teachers; helping with the cleaning, cooking and others. I feel as I received much more than I gave; everyone was so caring and lovely that they were constantly telling me how much they appreciated my visit. In fact, the teacher invited me for lunch to her place the last day and cooked for me a typical peruvian dish! I couldn't be happier for my experience, and I would definitely recommend it to others, and even repeating the experience in the future.

It would be really helpful if the prices lowered a little, but it is really worth it.

Location:
70 F / 43 F
Airports:
Alejandro Velasco Astete Airport
( CUZ )

Cusco, a city in the Peruvian Andes, was once capital of the Inca Empire, and is now known for its archaeological remains and Spanish colonial architecture.

About Working Abroad Projects

We are a not-for-profit company, established in March 2002, in order to provide small scale organisations with need-based support from volunteers. Our main areas of focus are: wildlife and habitat conservation, environmental education and management,...