Volunteer with Working Abroad Projects in Peru

Come experience the beauty of Peru and volunteer in the ancient city of Cusco. You can volunteer with children and animals in the local communities, and if interested, also take proper Spanish lessons to learn or further enhance your Spanish skills with a professional language teacher. If you are interested in working with children, you can join the After-School projects, but if more keen on working with animals, you can help out at the Dog Shelter project.

• Make a positive difference to the local communities of Cusco
  • Learn Spanish or enhance your Spanish skills in one of the most ancient cities of South America
  • Experience Peru's natural beauty, while meeting and interacting with locals and other volunteers from around the World

Michelle

A Wawawasi in Peru

I've just returned from Cusco, Perú where I worked for the last three weeks. In January I decided to join Projects Abroad, a project that wasn´t well known in the country where I live (Buenos Aires, Argentina) but I made my research and decided to go for it. In february I arrived, unsure of what I would find there, but everything went excellent, I have absolutely no complaints. My host parents were nice and welcoming, and I lived with other two volunteers from Australia and the UK with whom I became really good friends. My role at the placement was working with little children in a Wawawasi, which is Quechua for a daycare center. I helped making activities for the children, teaching maths and hebrew to both students and teachers; helping with the cleaning, cooking and others. I feel as I received much more than I gave; everyone was so caring and lovely that they were constantly telling me how much they appreciated my visit. In fact, the teacher invited me for lunch to her place the last day and cooked for me a typical peruvian dish! I couldn't be happier for my experience, and I would definitely recommend it to others, and even repeating the experience in the future.

It would be really helpful if the prices lowered a little, but it is really worth it.

About Working Abroad Projects

We are a not-for-profit company, established in March 2002, in order to provide small scale organisations with need-based support from volunteers. Our main areas of focus are: wildlife and habitat conservation, environmental education and management,...