Volunteer in Eastern Europe's largest bear sanctuary where you will be assisting the staff to rehabilitate and provide a comfortable environment for rescued bears. These bears have been victims of abuse, many experiencing life in tiny enclosures or being forced to perform for tourists.
Having never been exposed to living within the realms of normal bear behaviour, climbing trees, foraging for food and hibernating through winter is completely alien to these bears.
You will aid in changing all this by helping to run the day to day chores of the sanctuary. With each bear eating up to 10kg of food a day, this is a major operation! You will prepare their food daily and help monitor rehabilitation progress, help with conservation, and assist with educational sanctuary tours.
The sanctuary is located in the foothills of the Carpathian Mountains, just outside the medieval city of Brasov. This is a moving and worthwhile project and a chance to really contribute to animal welfare.
- See over 90 bears living a life as close to the wild as possible after their tragic pasts.
- Watch the bears climb trees, amuse themselves in the lakes, chase each other and play fight together.
- Explore stunning Transylvania in your free time, from Dracula's Castle to the Carpathian Mountains.
- Live in medieval Brasov with other volunteers.
- Make a genuine contribution to animal welfare and conservation.