Volunteers for Development Program

Volunteering makes important economic and social contributions, contributing to a more cohesive society by building trust and reciprocity among citizens. It can be both challenging and rewarding and require you to use your skills in a new context. You can also transfer useful knowledge while gaining a greater understanding of the issues affecting other people.

YPPD is further inspired by the conviction that volunteerism is a powerful means of engaging people in tackling some of the daily challenges communities are faced with. Everyone can contribute their time, skills and knowledge through volunteer action and their combined efforts can be a significant force for achieving development which is anchored on placing people first.

YPPD seeks to provide our volunteers with valuable learning opportunities to increase their global consciousness, enhance communication and leadership skills, and gain real world experience. Our projects are anywhere from 2 weeks to 12 months long or more.

• Enriched experiences from the local context we operate in and value-addition to the volunteer
  • Warm hospitality from our team of local and experienced staff/volunteers; utilizing every moment to make our international volunteers feel happy of being part of the solutions
  • Flexibility to meet volunteer's own interest and learning aspirations
  • We tailor our interventions and projects based on communities own expressed needs and the realities they are faced with
  • Deepening inter-cural diversity which allows learning and sharing

Sabrina

I very much look forward to coming back

Every aspect of my stay with YPPD in Sierra Leone proved even more rewarding and enriching to my learning as well as professional abilities. This is a small organization but with a golden heart of championing change in the most deprived immunities. Let's support them wherever we possibly can so we all contribute to creating a world that's fit for all.
The organization also hosts a national platform of CSOs in water supply, sanitation and hygiene and all this together has embolden its work and impacts

Let's done as possible to support theborgabization in it's fundraising drive
Alfred

My work with the Youth Partnership for Peace and Development was quite an awesome opportunity

As a young global citizen and change maker, I very much look forward to going back to Sierra Leone and then work with them to amplifying change together. I am glad I was part of the Ebola response process with the YPPD team of volunteers and staff.
I was even thrilled with the organization's HIV/AID education and outreach program which targeted schools and communities across six districts across Sierra Leone

Getting the require financing supports will greatly help the organization to continue touching more lives and ultimately improving communities.