$250 contribution to your flight when you travel with us...!!!
Africa & Asia Venture (AV) is one of the oldest gap year providers. Since 1993 AV has been offering unique immersive programs in Africa and Asia for those aged 17-25. You live and work in the local community in a group with fellow participants from around the world.
Cultural immersion is more than just being a tourist and seeing the sights, it's a unique opportunity to engage meaningfully with individuals and a community, to build relationships, make friends and live life as they do.
Our South Africa program is divided into three parts - orientation, cultural immersion placement and independent travel.
- Orientation - a chance to settle in, get to know your group and make sure you're fully prepared for all aspects of your placement.
- Immersion - you live and work with others in your group, sharing your skills, in one of our partner communities in in the Karoo, South Africa’s ‘Big Sky’ country. Key to the experience is the high level of independence we offer. We're always available, but we stand back and let you make the most of the experience.
- Independent Travel - the final month of the program is free for you to explore the wonders of South Africa with your group. We're still here to support you whenever you need!
- See and live in a part of South Africa few others do
- Live as part of the community
- Free State
- Orange River
- Philippolis: writer and intellectual Sir Laurens van der Post was born; one of the first colonial period settlements.