- South Africa
View Other Details
$899 for 3 weeks
$1199 for 4 weeks
Free stay offers are available to qualified Veterinarians who can commit to a minimum of 8 weeks.
C.A.R.E. charges volunteers per week which covers all meals, accommodation, resource use, training/experience and a donation to the centre; Up to 8 weeks: $350 (USD) per week, $300 (USD) per week for the following 8 weeks, after 16 weeks: $250 per week, 6 months: $200 per week.
A place where you are actually really needed. Baboons are persecuted in South Africa, and with your help, we can make a big impact. C.A.R.E. (Centre for Animal Rehabilitation and Education) is a unique project, the only primate rehabilitation centre in South Africa that is in a Big 5 Nature Reserve that borders the Kruger National Park; elephants can roam through the reserve and hyenas, lions and other animals can be heard at night. It borders the world renowned Olifant's River and is in the heart of the beautiful African bush, for a real African Safari experience.
With purpose built facilities we are committed to the rescue, care, rehabilitation, release and protection of wild animals, no animal in need is ever turned away. We rely solely on the generosity of caring individuals to fund the centre, and also volunteers to help us run the centre too. Hands-on experience with primates is just incredible, and observing/collecting scientific data also ensures you learn too!
- Hands-on animal care experience in a place which is ethical and committed
- That moment when a baby baboon chooses you for a comfort cuddle
- Making and giving Enrichment, especially to elderly Patats who will hug your leg in appreciation
- Enjoying a braii at night with the other volunteers whilst hearing lions calling at night, hyenas laughing and watching the elephants at the river
- Slobbery kisses and cuddles from the rescue dogs that are part of the C.A.R.E. family