This educational project, which combines the education of underprivileged children and a wildlife orphanage, is a registered non-profit organisation located at the heart of the Limpopo Province of South Africa! This exceptional experience provides volunteers with the unique opportunity of not only caring for some of South Africa’s most iconic species, but also of using these animals as a tool to inspire a generation of underprivileged schoolchildren to become passionate about wildlife conservation.
You, alongside the other volunteers, will be in charge of leading the lessons as well as the activities, which the children are involved in. These include a lot more than just teaching the children, as the program is diverse and dynamic. Be it doing bush walks, learning about the negative aspects of poaching, or discussing the importance of respect, you will always be busy! Members of the project’s team will guide you and help you whenever needed, so you will never be alone!
- • Take an active part in educating underprivileged children about the environment to make a real impact in their community!
- • Help care for injured and orphaned animals as part of the educational program.
- • Meet the community through our outreach program in the local schools and creche, and help further our impact in the village!
- • Experience Africa by immersing yourself in the community, or visiting some of the iconic sights and areas surrounding the project’s location!!
- Several times a year we also run a Job Hunting Program where we invite local unemployed youths to our camp and teach them the skills they need to find a job. Visit our community page for more information. When the children are busy writing their exams, DA