With miles and miles of beautiful land across all different types of terrain, you'll find no shortage of wildlife in Africa. If you are interested in the research and conservation of these creatures, sign up to volunteer on a Wildlife Conservation project with us!
Your daily tasks can include a wide variety of activities; you can go on research game drives or boat trips to collect data, take photos of the animals in their natural habitat, observe and document animal behavior and ultimately, learn all about what it takes to protect these creatures. You can play a huge role in improving the precarious conditions of endangered animals and contribute to successful conservation initiatives.
You have the choice of working with lions, elephants, rhinos, monkeys, cheetahs, chimpanzees, sharks, dolphins and more! If you have a biology, veterinary, or photography background - or even if you just care about wildlife - learn more about these opportunities below:
- African Big 5 Wildlife Conservation, South Africa: Join our field guides and research team on game drives in the world famous Greater Kruger area, a wildlife hotspot in South Africa. Monitor and study the African Big 5 (leopard, rhino, lion, buffalo and elephant) and assist local wildlife foundations with the protection of endangered and at-risk species.
- Wildlife Photography and Conservation, Greater Kruger Region: Get up close and personal with wildlife in the Greater Kruger Region of South Africa, using your passion for photography to contribute to conservation initiatives, all the while gaining new practical skills.
- Leopard and Predator Research, South Africa: Contribute to the conservation of some of South Africa's largest and most impressive predators, including leopards, lions, wild dogs and hyenas. Join our research teams and track, observe and collect data on these incredible species, all the while living in one of the most scenic and beautiful areas of South Africa.
- Big Cat Wildlife Research and Conservation, Masai Mara: Assist in the conservation efforts of the Naboisho Conservancy in Kenya's Masai Mara Reserve by monitoring wildlife and conducting important research.
- Hands-On Lion Rehabilitation at Antelope Park, Zimbabwe: Play a vital part in conserving the African Lion. Learn about lion behaviour, carry out research and give hope to the future of this iconic species - all while living and working in an authentic Zimbabwean game reserve in the heart of the African bush.
- Chimpanzee and Wildlife Sanctuary, Zambia: Care for rescued chimpanzees and play a vital role in their protection and conservation at an extremely rural chimp sanctuary Jane Goodall once called “the most wonderful place on earth”.
- Dolphin and Marine Conservation, Zanzibar: Volunteering with the Zanzibar Marine Conservation Project will allow you to contribute to the small fishing villages of Jambiani and Kizimkazi’s sustainable use of marine resources, while researching dolphin tourism and monitoring human-dolphin interaction.
- Marine Research and Conservation, Mozambique: Scuba dive in Mozambique and get hands-on experience in world-class field research on a marine volunteer project designed and created by leading whale shark and manta ray scientists.