$250 OR £250 OFF
There’s still time to make this year count.
Southern Africa is known for its spectacular wildlife, and the reality certainly lives up to the dream. Yet much of this wildlife is under threat from poaching, damaging agricultural practices, and climate change. If you want to contribute to a more sustainable future and play a key role in improving the precarious conditions of endangered animals, apply for one of our conservation initiatives.
Your daily tasks can include a wide variety of activities; you can go on research game drives or boat trips to collect data, take photos of the animals in their natural habitat, observe and document animal behavior and ultimately, learn all about what it takes to protect these iconic animals.
African Impact's Top Wildlife Conservation Volunteer Programs
- African Big 5 and Wildlife Conservation, Greater Kruger Area: Take your safari to the next level by joining our research team in game reserves across the region, tracking and monitoring the ‘Big 5’ – lions, elephants, rhinos, leopards and buffalo
- Big Cat Wildlife Research & Conservation, Kenya: Big Cat volunteers support conservation efforts in the Naboisho Conservancy, which borders the Maasai Mara National Reserve. You will actively monitor big cats and other wildlife whilst conducting important research
- Wildlife Photography & Conservation, South Africa: Learn to take great photographs and use them to contribute to the conservation efforts of South Africa’s at-risk wildlife
- Chimpanzee Sanctuary & Wildlife Orphan Care, Zambia: Get involved in the day-to-day running of one of the largest chimpanzee sanctuaries in the world, in a remote and stunning part of Zambia
- Dolphin Research & Marine Conservation, Zanzibar: Assist with researching dolphins in their natural habitat, study the impacts of tourism on dolphin behavior and discover a new underwater world collecting data on coral reefs