- South Africa
View Other Details
Southern Africa is known for its spectacular wildlife, and the reality certainly lives up to the dream. Yet much of this wildlife is under threat from poaching, damaging agricultural practices, and climate change. If you want to contribute to a more sustainable future and play a key role in improving the precarious conditions of endangered animals, apply for one of our conservation initiatives.
Your daily tasks will include a wide variety of activities; you will go on research game drives or boat trips to collect data, take photos of the animals in their natural habitat, observe and document animal behavior and ultimately, learn all about what it takes to protect these iconic animals.
- Spend your time in the wild, researching amongst others, Africa’s ‘Big 5’ – Lions, Elephants, Rhinos, Leopards, and Buffalo
- Collect information that will influence wildlife conservation by protecting wildlife from threats such as poaching and habitat loss
- Track the movements and behaviors of herds of elephants and prides of lions through the wild African bush
- Offer much needed assistance with removing invasive plant species and going on anti-poaching snare sweeps
- Live in the middle of the untamed African bush and experience some of the most authentic wildlife experiences the continent has to offer
Each of our wildlife conservation programs offer exciting opportunities to volunteer abroad with animals and sustainably make a difference in their protection. From our Big 5 and Wildlife Conservation Project in South Africa to our Big Cat Wildlife Research Program in Kenya, all our volunteer projects focus on supporting long-term reserve management and wildlife conservation of Africa’s stunning creatures.
As an African-based organization, we live and breathe African volunteer travel. It’s in our blood, and we believe these destinations offer volunteers the wildlife conservation experience of a lifetime. Whether you join us as a volunteer on one of our animal care projects or as a wildlife conservation volunteer for endangered species conservation, we are passionate about providing our volunteers with the best experience possible!
Being a volunteer in wildlife conservation is a gift. Your time as a volunteer abroad will transform you as a person. Not only will your volunteer work during your project improve the lives of our animal friends, but you’ll leave more empathetic, knowledgable and experienced!