By Love Volunteers   Reviews (5)   96% Rating

Make a REAL difference in South Africa - From US$195/wk

By Love Volunteers   Reviews (5)   96% Rating

Love Volunteers brings passionate volunteers of all ages and backgrounds to important volunteer projects in South Africa! A large economy, a wide economic gap, and numerous environmental issues makes South America a great place for volunteers to lend a hand. With nine different volunteer projects in Cape Town, there are options for every volunteer. From conservation to medical to education to community development and even horse welfare, take your pick of these amazing projects. Explore South Africa and give back to the local community with Love Volunteers!

Current Love Volunteers Programs:

Working with Children
Teaching Programs
Medical and Health Programs

Volunteer anywhere from 2 weeks to 24 months
Make a noticeable impact in the communities you serve

Africa » South Africa » Cape Town
Africa » South Africa
1 Year+
0.00
Cost Description
Love Volunteers registration fee, plus program fees starting at just US$400 for 2 weeks.
Program fees cover airport pickup, orientation, accommodation, and food (see website for specific program details).
The Love Volunteers registration fee covers any placements you undertake for twelve months from the start of your first placement.
This fee is refundable if you choose not to volunteer more than three months prior to the start of your initial placement.

Rating Values

Sheila
Kaduna,Nigeria
University of Kent

A great experience!

Overall

My time in cape town as an assisting teacher in a primary school was a life-changing experience. My day to day activity includes: walking to the bus station,and boarding a mini bus to the school,assisting in grade r-4 and helping out in the daily food scheme.
It was a great experience that had major impact on my career as a teacher.I learnt several teaching skills and acquired knowledge while helping out. My only problems was the frequent mini bus drive which cost 12 Rand for a return.
I recommend this programme to anyone.

For security reasons,I suggest all projects be located nearby to the hostels and homestays.

Hi Sheila,
Thanks for giving such a detailed review. It's so helpful for future volunteers to know what to expect.
We're pleased that your placement "had major impact on my career as a teacher". What a pleasure to have been a part in this experience.
All the best for the future,

João
Lisbon, Portugal

Life changing experience!

Overall

My 2 weeks program at Cape Town - South Africa was completely change my life.
I went without expectations and found an amazing experience at all levels.
I helped in a primary school, basically helping children to read in English.
The kids are amazing and the city of Cape Town is very beautiful and relatively safe :) .
I received all the support that I need from the Love Volunteers team and from the local team also.

Maybe more information about the program, I mean the activities in the schools for example. But for me it was OK, I went prepared for everything and it was a very good experience.

Hi Joao,
Great feedback, thanks.
We try to provide volunteers with as much information as we can prior to their placement. It's not always easy for our local coordinators to know what circumstances will be like at any given time and our best volunteers are those, like yourself, who are flexible, plan in advance and are up for anything!
Thanks for being an awesome volunteer and all the best for the future.
The Team @ Love Volunteers.

Anouk
Leiden, The Netherlands

volunteering at a primary school in South Africa

Overall

It was really nice to volunteer at the kanamyer primary school in South Africa. We assisted the teachers with the Lessons and therfore there was more attention for the kids and possibilities for arts and crafts. When we left we got letters from all the kids, they were all so sweet! The social scene among the volunteers was also really nice.

Hi Anouk,
Great to hear you made such an impression on the children of South Africa!
We hope the friends you made on placement have become friends for life.

laturley
Atlanta,GA
Small Group (1-15)

best experience of my life

Overall

I found this South Africa Love Volunteers program online & it was the best experience of my life. The staff & other volunteers are great. I taught english, math & swimming & surfing outside of Cape Town. not to shabby of a volunteer program

Hi there,
It's fantastic to hear that our volunteers are getting as much out of our programs as they are giving back - that's what volunteering is all about!
Thanks for being an awesome volunteer, we hope to welcome you back on the team again in the future.
All the best

GavinH
Auckland, New Zealand

Amazing Experience in Cape Town

Overall

From start to finish, this programme is one I would recommend to anyone who wants to make a real difference in a real community.

The expectations set out by Love Volunteers were spot on as when i arrived i knew what was ahead of me. Had friends in my ear about "the safety issues in South Africa" but never felt unsafe during my 3 week stay. Everything was arranged as discussed, i was happy with my housing, the food was good and the list of 'things to bring' from LV definitely helped.

The people i met were fantastic and treated me as if i was one of their own. Fell in love with the community from day one! Each day held a new challenge and the rewards were even more than expected. Have made some lifelong friends who i certainly will be keeping in touch with and hopefully seeing again in the near future.

Thanks for the amazing experience LV. Im looking forward to the next we organize together.

Hi there Gavin,
What a pleasure it is for us to be able to work with amazing people like yourself!
Thanks so much for making a difference in South Africa, we would love to help you help others again!
All the best,
The Team @ Love Volunteers

We are just a handful of passionate people working hard to help volunteers and local communities around the world. We don't have huge overheads - no company cars, no downtown office - we're just volunteers who thought we could do a better job. We work with local organisations wherever we can to keep administration costs to a minimum and also to return as much money and skills to the local communities where we operate. We can offer the lowest possible fees, but also ensure that you are immersed in the local culture and are actually making a difference!