- South Africa
View Other Details
* Home Base Lodging in a renowned nature reserve
* Expert local guides that are there to support, inform and guide you throughout the trip
* Admissions and entrance fees to national parks, historic sites and other scheduled events throughout the trip
* An active daily itinerary including lectures, day trips and work assignments alongside the local community
* All gratuities for hotels, meals, baggage & transportation
* $50,000 emergency medical evacuation insurance
EXTENSION: 5-day to Cape Town and/or 5-day to Victoria Falls
Live in harmony with nature on an exclusive reserve and become part of the efforts to protect the animals of the Greater Kruger National Park region. Meet conservationists working to protect endangered species and work with an organization that aims to reintroduce captive bred white lions into their natural habitats. You will also personally support efforts to protect leopards under threat from farmers through camera tracking and prepare food and bottle feed orphaned baby animals in the park, such as the rhino. Along the way, you’ll get up close and personal with a variety of wildlife in a way that most travelers never experience.
Stay in a deluxe tented camp on the banks of the Blyde River with a panoramic private deck, a full private bathroom with hot and cold water, and an infinity pool with plenty of hiking trails nearby. When you're not working with wildlife, there is plenty of time for relaxing and one day set aside to work with local children who want to learn English.
- Feed orphaned baby rhinos at a center that rescues and rehabilitates injured and in-need wild animals
- Track the "Big 5" throughout Kruger National Park, a UNESCO Biosphere Reserve
- Read and play sports with disadvantaged children who want to learn English
- Play a hands-on role in conservation using camera traps to track leopards and other animals
- Stay in a deluxe tented camp on the banks of the Blyde River with a panoramic private deck and enjoy their infinity pool