Trusted by 110,000+ volunteers, IVHQ offers the most popular volunteer programs in Cape Town and 50+ other destinations around the world.
You can choose from 5 volunteer project options in South Africa: Teaching, Childcare, Surf Outreach, Sports Development or Computer Training and give back for periods ranging from 1 week to 24 weeks. Your Program Fee includes airport pick-up, orientation, accommodation, meals and 24/7 in-country support. You’ll be accommodated in a volunteer house with like-minded, impact-focused travelers from around the world.
IVHQ is trusted to support the meaningful adventures of thousands of volunteers every year, so even before you depart for South Africa, you’ll receive outstanding service from your expert Volunteer Program Manager and exclusive access to superior pre-departure volunteer training.
With IVHQ, you can expect to establish real connections within the local community while supporting projects that make a genuine difference.
- IVHQ’s South Africa program is available year-round, starting on the first and third Monday of every month
- Highly affordable program fees starting from $250 for 1 week - IVHQ provides the most affordable and top-rated programs
- You’ll be joining between 20 and 50 other IVHQ volunteers who start in Cape Town each month
- You’ll be traveling with IVHQ, the volunteer travel experts, and joining a network of 110,000+ volunteers. Our outstanding safety systems and track record set us apart, we are the world’s safest organization
- Your efforts will have a positive impact because our programs are community-driven with a focus on supporting long-term local needs
As a volunteer on the Childcare project, you will play an important role in helping increase access to care and education for children from disadvantaged backgrounds and broken homes in South Africa. Some of the children have lost their parents to crime, alcohol or drug abuse, and HIV/AIDS, forcing them to live with their relatives or neighbors, who often do not have the means to take proper care of them.
The aim of the Teaching project in South Africa is to provide assistance within public schools in low-income communities in Cape Town, to support struggling students and help ease the workload of teachers within under-resourced classrooms.
As a Teaching volunteer in Cape Town, you will be placed in one of three public primary schools, where you will work alongside local teachers or other volunteers.
The focus of the Sport Development project in South Africa is on developing both the physical skills and general life skills of the children at schools that do not have Physical Education teachers. Our Sport Development project operates in the same schools as our Teaching and Computer Training projects in Cape Town.
This project is well suited to volunteers who are passionate about sports and youth development, and would love the opportunity to share their passion with young learners.
You don’t need to be a pro surfer to appreciate the thrill involved in the sport of surfing and surf enthusiasts of all abilities are welcome to join our Surf Outreach project in South Africa! This is an after school project in which volunteers help facilitate local children in learning how to surf while teaching them valuable life skills.