Travel to South Africa and work on a private game reserve alongside local game rangers and keepers. You will be working with Africa’s exciting ‘Big 5’ – elephants, lions, rhino, leopards and Cape buffalo. In addition to this, the game reserve is home to zebra, hippos, giraffes, monkeys and baboons, as well as 250 species of bird.
This is great opportunity to get hands-on experience and contribute to very worthy causes in the forms of animal welfare, environmental conservation and aiding the local community.
Work on tasks such as lion tracking, game counts, tree planting and volunteering at the local school. Spend the weekend exploring Port Elizabeth or enjoy the luxury of the swimming pool, tennis courts and relaxation areas on the reserve. Three excellent meals are provided for you each day.
This project is more than just a safari, immerse yourself in the 60 square kilometres of flora and fauna in one of the most exquisite locations on the planet!
- Work with the South African Big 5 on an experience which goes much deeper than just a standard safari.
- Learn from expert game rangers all about the animals, the ecosystem and life in South Africa.
- Live and work with other participants from all around the world, making great friendships as you go.
- Explore the stunning Garden Route in your free time, from shark cage diving to surfing, from bungee jumping to skydiving.
- Get some great work experience.