- South Africa
- Port Elizabeth
View Other Details
This is an amazing opportunity to take part in an 8 week long game ranger course that will ultimately lead to you gaining the valued FGASA Apprentice Field Guide certificate.
You will be living in the heart of the African wilderness on an exclusive, private game reserve. You will be tracking Africa’s ‘Big 5’ alongside many other species of wildlife, and becoming involved with the primary focus on conservation. Tasks will include planting trees and patrolling trail walks and fences. There will be game captures, drives and counts.
The course is designed to give you hands-on practical training as well as theoretical lectures to prepare you for end of course examinations.
The accommodation and food is excellent and you will have access to the luxury of the swimming pool, tennis courts and relaxation areas. You will also have the opportunity to spend the weekends at Port Elizabeth.
Combine studying your passion and having a great adventure!
Find out more here: https://www.oysterworldwide.com/about-us/our-policies/responsible-travel-policy/
- Gain the FGASA Apprentice Field Guide certificate after 8 weeks of training - this is the first step to being able to work as a game ranger in Africa.
- Gain valuable experience that can help you to gain employment at home with animals.
- Work with the Big 5, as well as other African animals each day.
- Learn about conservation and the importance of the ecosystem, helping to maintain it for the animals at the reserve.
- Explore Port Elizabeth and further afield during your free time.