- South Africa
- Port Elizabeth
View Other Details
A fantastic project giving you the opportunity to gain valuable and rewarding experience. Improve the lives of young people by helping out in township schools and nurseries around the beautiful town of Port Elizabeth.
Classroom assistants are required to help South African teachers educate children who come from some of the poorest families in the area. You will be helping with lessons and giving the children the 1-1 attention that they need. In the nurseries you also support full time staff- expect to play a lot of games and get involved with some great extra curricular activities. You'll also have the opportunity to coach sport if you wish.
You will be sharing accommodation with other teaching volunteers as well as sports coaching volunteers in a lovely suburb of Port Elizabeth. There are great facilities including a gym, games room, swimming pool and WiFi. You are only 10 minutes drive from the ocean and a couple of minutes walk to the nearest shops.
- Helping children who have been dealt a poor hand in life to shine.
- Living and working in the seaside town of Port Elizabeth, providing easy access to the stunning Garden Route.
- Making a genuine contribution to the lives of children, providing much needed help in schools and nurseries.
- Get to know other volunteers from all around the world.
- Explore parts of South Africa on the included trips.